What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
With the kids dumped by the school again today it was time to get out and do something.

Went to the Anglesea bike park, which unfortunately was mostly sludge, so headed down to the river and cruised some of the paths around there.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Fitted some 650b tubeless gravel tyres to a 700c CX bike with wheels I got off labcanary yesterday, hopefully the wife will complain less about a sore butt with increased volume. Then fitted the front derailleur got off moorey, cable sticks out a bit, I'm worried I might catch it but shifts fine

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Rented a Specco Vado for the Mrs, did a full lap of Lake Burley Griffin. She's sold on e-biking, loved it.
I pedaled the Vado round the carpark and liked the torque sensing mid drive, super smooth delivery unlike my agricultural magnet cadence sensor. It felt so light too, I did a little stoppie on it! Still had 61% battery after ~36km, the cruiser was down to about 30%.

Jpez

Down on the left!
How steady/safe are those? That’s a very long way to fall for a little kid...
I’m not sending it off 30ft gap jumps.
They are actually a really solid well thought out bit of kit. She has been on my bike from the day she could hold her head up steadily in a Wee Ride seat. Then moved to this. Has taught her to ‘ride with me’ lift her bum, use her legs and ride corners etc.
The only way they can come off is if you go down so no different to a rear bike seat. Far superior actually. The combo of the saddle, the foot stirrups and them holding your bars works brilliantly.
We do single track at speed including rollers, berms and rocks etc. she Loves it.
Last thing I want to do is go home to her mum with an injury so I ride within my limits for the surface etc. sketchy pea gravel for eg I slow it right down.
hero dirt I fang it and we have a ball.