So...I live in Perth now?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So seeing as you have chosen to base yourself out in the sticks if you do end up heading to the Goat farm you could stop at

https://www.boltcoffee.com.au/ on the way in Midland, it's in Midland so I've never been there but it's meant to be good....

Otherwise all the good coffee is in the city or inner suburbs. The coffee at Wembley Cycles is surprisingly good! Low Down in Cloisters Arcade is the most consistent in my experience, usually a pretty decent line in office hours. If you are making your own, I can recommend Leftfield Coffee Roasters for local beans - Fat Puppy my blend of preference.

Riding trail/light gravity riding can be had at Kalamunda. https://www.kmbc.org.au/ Disco Frank drives the shuttle when he isn't on his funny Kiwi bike. Nothing too tech within the sanctioned network. As a fellow largely solo rider I do also have comfort riding here that my crumpled body would be found by a passer by.

Plenty of unsanctioned tech outside of the network some of it is above my skill level and much of it with quite a lot of rocks capable of inflicting damage, I do ride here solo but try not to do too much, really should wear full face but rarely do, even when the guy at shop when I bought it told me a story about a mate needing reconstructive surgery after an off on one of these trails in a half lid. Frank has most likely ridden these trails more than me and might have recommendations, I know there are certaonly mor for me to explore. There is quite a lot, some are really great. IMO

Almost no jump trails anywhere in Perth if that's what floats your boat. Afore mentioned Goat Farm has the most, having said that it is about to host a round of the local enduro series and it is due to have 40mm of rain so not sure what condition it will be in! It's also not straightforward to negotiate with a bit of a labryinth of trails no signposting to speak of (unless it's been in ssince I was there last) . Thankfully quite easy to find the top of the hill and you'll get there in the end! If you google it google will give you directions to the car park which is just off Great Eastern Highway.

There are also trails at Mundaring which are the closest thing to DH trails in the city, they do have jumps including road gaps, in the pine plantations. They are on trailforks.

Kelmscott/Byford trails (long way from Ballajura) I don't really ride, some pretty full on stuff there, Sam Hill's backyard.

Down South has been covered, Margs is fun but pretty flat, Pemberton I like more as it has better terrain. Collie has some new trails but really XC stuff for the most part. Dwellingup has a heap of new stuff being built, existing stuff at Murray Valley is fun but really only 1 Blue and 1 Black, new trails will add a lot more hopefully open in a month or two, see my other posts under Dwelligup for some photo/video links, it looks like it will be great.

There's more but that should keep you out of trouble for a while.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Whenever I was in Perth for gigs we would go to a cafe called toast faced grillah. Aside from that I once died a horrible death doing warm up for Glenn Robbins at the little creatures brewery. Still wake up in the middle of the night thinking about that. A musical duo where before me and absolutely killed doing a song about how bad Gosnells is.. so i guess dont go there..

Flow-Rider

Burner
I used to have a few coffees at the Redcliffe between flights but I can never remember how good or bad they were for some strange reason, memory loss is bad when you're old.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far out - Ballajura ? Fremantle would have a better vibe for you apart from the distance to some decent riding trails. Have you got a car ? kinda need one to beat the sprawl.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Far out - Ballajura ? Fremantle would have a better vibe for you apart from the distance to some decent riding trails. Have you got a car ? kinda need one to beat the sprawl.
I'm one of those wiedos who thinks cars enslave us and destroy the planet and I normally live in a place with moderate public transport. And I've never had a lisence either. I'll work it out, eventually.

I went to Fremantle once. It was very busy.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm one of those wiedos who thinks cars enslave us and destroy the planet and I normally live in a place with moderate public transport. And I've never had a lisence either. I'll work it out, eventually.

I went to Fremantle once. It was very busy.
If you need a lift to the hills on the weekend let me know.