Mt Zoon Carbon Bars Snapped - Replacements?

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks guys.
Had no idea they were a cheapie bar.
No pref carbon or alloy and not too worried re cost. Just don’t want a bar to break again!
Running a Renthal stem so might just go the same in alloy.
These have your name all over them, spanky.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I'd also give spank vibrocore a big tick. I've always ran carbon for damping properties, these are now on my 2 mainly used bikes. I suffer from bad hand cramps to the point I can't hold on. These Deffinately help.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
I’ll second Syntace, 12d sweep in 780mm width will maintain your reach and give your wrists a more natural angle and your arms will break before the bars do. Run your bars full width for a few rides before cutting them down, you may like the change.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Another vote for the Spank Vibrocore. Spike or Trail models, either is good - but trail is lighter from memory.

I've had Renthal carbons previously, they were okay for vibration dampening but I found them to be a tiny bit flexy (I'm about 95kg kitted up at a guess). Mate has Renthal alloy FatBars, they seem good for minimising unwanted trail feedback too, but without the flex of the carbons.

Different mate had some RaceFace bars, they were shocking. Worst "buzz" I've ever experienced through the bars on any bike, and very very noticeable. He'd been suffering with hand numbness, I hooked him up with a set of Vibrocores and he loved them. Hand numbness was all but gone after that.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Buy a 7000 series alloy bar and replace every 2 years. The Nukeproof series from Chainreaction are good value.

I’m running renthal alloy bars and stem currently but I wouldn’t buy another renthal product again. They creak and are overpriced.

As for carbon bars, this was the second setI’ve had break. First broken bars were Easton, although that was damage from a vehicle.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m running renthal alloy bars and stem currently but I wouldn’t buy another renthal product again. They creak and are overpriced.
Bars creak? No.
Renthal stems creak? Shit yeah. I’ve tried 2, duo and apex, both creaked. Science, bitch!
Can often pick a rider with a Renthal stem before I see them.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Bars creak? No.
Renthal stems creak? Shit yeah. I’ve tried 2, duo and apex, both creaked. Science, bitch!
Can often pick a rider with a Renthal stem before I see them.
I’ll rephrase that.
I’m running renthal alloy bars and stem currently but I wouldn’t buy another renthal product again. The bars are overpriced and the stems creak. Yes I was stupid enough to buy 2 stems and bars.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve always liked the angles of Renthals. Ran them on most bikes back when the bronze colour matched fork stanchions. Would definitely run the newer alloy black ones if I could find them well priced...I can’t :(

moorey

call me Mia
Buy a 7000 series alloy bar and replace every 2 years. The Nukeproof series from Chainreaction are good value.

As for carbon bars, this was the second setI’ve had break. First broken bars were Easton, although that was damage from a vehicle.
View attachment 365841
They are hardcore bar end/bark busters.