Little Things You Love

14 days...longest 14 days I've had in a long long time.

I've no idea what I've been doing. Cooking cleaning and eating can take a lot of tkme. Shit posting on here, phone chat, binge watched all of peep show (handy seen it before but had heard of it), watched a few films, seem to be sleeping a lot...an hour or there, wake up in spots I didn't know I was. Haven't taken any drugs or been drinking...could just be going senile? At some stage I'm going to do my tax. Right.
Those tax guys are all bark, no bite. Why worry ?

Brow

Big Block
LTIL, How strange we can be.

I was just reading the beer thread, sitting in shorts and tee shirt feeling a bit cold. Got up and went outside, colder, got a couple of beers out of the little beer fridge, cracked one and had a mouthful, put the other in the kitchen fridge for later. Then went and got more clothes on and shut all the doors to keep the cold out.

Came back here to tell you all about it. Just puts a smile on my face. Off to look at more bike bits now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Those tax guys are all bark, no bite. Why worry ?
The arseholes have my money! Lots of it and I want it back. If someone is going to waste it on shit, I'm going to be that somebody.

I can't believe I have done 2 tax returns in the same calendar year. That commissioner is going to fill his overly tight underpants with little warriors.

Says someone who hasnt been on the wrong end of an investigation (caused by their own mistake but let's not let the facts cloud the enjoyment of a good rogering).
They're good for that. A few years ago a system glitch voided an amendment I had made. It was kind of a biggie...I had originally lodged my return (on paper) and forgotten to include my income tax withholdings! So the amendment was lodged to balance all of that out. Anyway the first I hear of all this is a firm demand letter about my now many years overdue debt! And the interest...after a few hours of fucking around trying to resolve it (customer service is their speciality) I eventually speak with someone who tells me what has happened and not to worry, it will all be resolved at their end. This took along time, they continued to contact me about the debt, then erased it and never told me, then tried to collect the interest...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The arseholes have my money! Lots of it and I want it back. If someone is going to waste it on shit, I'm going to be that somebody.

I can't believe I have done 2 tax returns in the same calendar year. That commissioner is going to fill his overly tight underpants with little warriors.

They're good for that. A few years ago a system glitch voided an amendment I had made. It was kind of a biggie...I had originally lodged my return (on paper) and forgotten to include my income tax withholdings! So the amendment was lodged to balance all of that out. Anyway the first I hear of all this is a firm demand letter about my now many years overdue debt! And the interest...after a few hours of fucking around trying to resolve it (customer service is their speciality) I eventually speak with someone who tells me what has happened and not to worry, it will all be resolved at their end. This took along time, they continued to contact me about the debt, then erased it and never told me, then tried to collect the interest...
Beer, hookers and bikes. The rest you will waste.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
A pair of 4x18650 battery power packs (only the cases) turned up a mere 3 months after purchase on eBay at the start of May.
going to use them to power my gloworm and pedal nation lights.
I'd given them up as lost, as they were posted via "whatever lol" shipping from china.

moorey

call me Mia
Posted up in the Lathe thread the other day that we’d bought Felix a wood lathe for combined birthday/Christmas present, and a LTIL is that he’s spending every non school or riding moment on it.
Made this over last 2 days out of a burl from a gum tree burned out in the big fires here a couple of years ago. He loves gnarled and knotted wood, and making the most out of imperfections. Natural wood with a light wipe
of boiled linseed oil.

moorey

call me Mia
#bikeonbowl

Cool bowl and nicely finished with rough around the edges. I see burnt tree stumps and want to make stuff with them like a letterbox mount.
I’ll have to get a pic he took of it before working on it. My eyes miss the potential in these things.

moorey

call me Mia
I've no idea about wood work, but I'd imagine it's a very hard wood and all those cracks cause the tool to jump.

Love the burnt rim. Are there plans for a glazed finish? Or stay with a natural look?
Really hard wood after surviving the bushfire. If changes then structure of the wood. Yes, a bit brittle and tough to work with those cracks. I reckon the extreme heat caused the wood to dry super quick.
He prefers natural finish to a glaze. Just likes to bring out the natural grain. The extreme heat almost seemed to vitrify the wood, in that it wouldn’t take up any of the linseed oil, it just ran off without soaking in.