Shipping a Brain Shock

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Burners.

I’m posting my Spesh Brain Shock off for servicing. Can anyone let me know what the best way to mail these are? Just bubble wrapped in a box? Poster tube?

Cheers,

Coast

Go

Likes Dirt
That will do. Pack it knowing that the postal service/courier will treat it like a sack of shit and she'll be right

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can anyone let me know what the best way to mail these are? Just bubble wrapped in a box? Poster tube?
Foam, cloth, plastic... whatever will stop it getting damaged on a drop. Don't go spending cash on special wrapping. Wrap it in an old t-shirt and tape it up, then drop it in an express bag.

Forks being heavier are a bit different.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Don’t bend the hose if it’s a rear shock

Spare parts are depleted, fuxk it and you are up shit creek.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Wrap it in an old t-shirt and tape it up,
Great idea an unwashed T shirt , I love surprising people with mad materials and terrible but functional wrappings.
I was really disappointed when some rotorburner had me send a frame to his friends business but it had been unwrapped before he saw it.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Great idea an unwashed T shirt , I love surprising people with mad materials and terrible but functional wrappings.
I was really disappointed when some rotorburner had me send a frame to his friends business but it had been unwrapped before he saw it.
Wrapped in old undies....not a bad idea at all!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Probably not the best idea in covid times but you get the idea.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Are you not the spare parts manufacturer for the brain shock?
workshop is just getting put back together right now, I've complete spare shocks but not enough to start parting out shocks, and spesh Aus are totally out of parts last time I enquired via a dealer.

working on a rebuild kit with simplified tooling too. trying to put my 6 weeks of lockdown to good use

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Wheelie bin.
As someone whose owned two bikes with this shock, can confirm this is the best method of transportation for these things.

Even if they do have parts I wouldn't be surprised if your off the bike for over a month based on previous experiences. Looking at over $300 for the service too.

Strongly recommend looking at bikeyoke + standard rear shock if that's an option.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
As someone whose owned two bikes with this shock, can confirm this is the best method of transportation for these things.

Even if they do have parts I wouldn't be surprised if your off the bike for over a month based on previous experiences. Looking at over $300 for the service too.

Strongly recommend looking at bikeyoke + standard rear shock if that's an option.
100 times this!

Best thing I ever did was remove the brain off my stumpy and put a Fox rp23 factory on there. Brain shock is still in the garage even though that bike has moved on... I can send you the bits if you want. I’ll ask the garbo how much the postage will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
FWIW I looked at buying one of these and was talked out of it by members here relating their own history, sorry cannot remember who. Sounds like replacing it is doable. So do that instead.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
FWIW I looked at buying one of these and was talked out of it by members here relating their own history, sorry cannot remember who. Sounds like replacing it is doable. So do that instead.
So why the fuck does Specialized keep selling and people keep buying the bloody things?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
So why the fuck does Specialized keep selling and people keep buying the bloody things?

The real question is do you trust the advice - a quick google will find you people that love the brain system and people that hate the brain system - your job as a consumer is to decide who’s advice you put more value on

creaky

XMAS Plumper

I think it’s the Range Rover conundrum. They are absolutely brilliant for their intended purpose while they are new and in warranty but don’t go near one that’s more than 3 years old.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Cultural thing
"mericans do have an obsession with complicated technology, gadgets, fashions and money.
UK and Aus are more practical .

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Brain is an excellent concept and at the time was probably better than other options. Let down by the execution but now you can get the same effect without the need for a Spec suppository.