Show us ya back catalogue

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
This thread excites me... i shall need to do some digging!

This is from my early days as a Farkin-er, my first decent MTB after snapping a fair few of apollos. Still got it hanging in the shed.

I lost a lot of photos of my bikes in that farkin crash and when the trusty old family computer died but i have most from about '05..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
how the hell did you get the Gazzaloddi's fast enough to lift off the surface of the earth

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well found my one and only photo of my first MTB, a Shogun Trail Breaker 2.
This photo was taken in 95, during my first megavalanche. (nah it was really Mt Buller lol)

Then this is my 97 Mongoose which replaced it. I still have it in running order.

I still have the three bikes which followed this as well.

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Well found my one and only photo of my first MTB, a Shogun Trail Breaker 2.
This photo was taken in 95, during my first megavalanche. (nah it was really Mt Buller lol)

Then this is my 97 Mongoose which replaced it. I still have it in running order.

I still have the three bikes which followed this as well.
Legit coveted both those bikes at one time or another. That Mongoose has aged well.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Randomly going through some photos and by chance I found some decent ones of the missing link to the current fleet:

Holy slack seat angle batman - a first gen Pivot Mach 6. I didn't need it, but the frame and shock came up for sale on Pinkbike at a f***ing ridiculously cheap price so I did some man maths, promptly mortgaged my brain and the frame arrived 3 weeks later. Took almost a year to build - the original plan was to strip the 456 (first post) and get this built up for a nominal outlay, but of course the fork steerer was cut just too short and I thought I needed burlier wheels and (etc.) so it ended up being a bit more complicated.

I knew it was probably too small (the seller told me as much) but I also didn't appreciate how much this bike would get me to mix up my ambitions with my abilities - simply put it pushed me way past what I thought I was capable of riding. Even though it was too small. Was way more versatile than it looks too. I'd probably still have it had I not fatefully had a go on a Mojo, did more man maths / bought one and swapped all the parts over. Sold the frame on here. Hope it's still going.

Lucaw

Next in line
So my back catalogue since about the start of 2019

‘The black bike’ as I called it. An absolute piece of shit that kept breaking, one of the reasons I can now maintain bikes.

My first bmx, also unknown brand, I had some fun on it, but eventually I bought a dirt jumper and I sold it

2016 fluid richocet, my first proper mountain bike even if it was 2 sizes too big. To this day the only bike I have own with wheels bigger than 26

When I finally broke the black bike completely, this was its replaced by this, a repainted 2001 giant atx 860. This bike has gone through countless upgrades and is currently my loaner bike.

My first full suspension! 2003 giant warp. I hated this bike, and sold it to my brother, who put a dual crown fork on the front of it and rides it to this day. He is going to need to upgrade soon though.

My next full suspension, a 2010 Specialized stumpjumper. When i finally sold it early this year, the only thing original was the rear shock.

2007 Santa Cruz v10. I bought this because it was cheap, and I was curious about a dh bike. I found I couldn’t make use of it so proceed to sell it to @RaccMTB who broke it completely

My first ‘dirt jumper’ it was a Avanti one dog frame along with some Ill-suited parts. It quickly became

A da bomb grenade, with proper dirt jump parts. The only problem was that my toes rubbed on the front wheel, so I got

A 24/7 dark angel, which was fun but I decided to sell it when I got the ns

We all know what happened with craftworks the first.

My 2004 norco six. Over forked and mulleted it was fun but over 20kg