Newly Released Bikes General

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The top of the line S-Works Epic has a retail of $19,000. That is what I bought my Subaru Forrester for.
Yeah they say that in Vietnam about $1000 cannondales V a Motorbike.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
What the actual fark. I've been watching the Pink Bike XC review series and thought I would check the Specialized Epic Evo geometry out to see why it works so well. I've never taken much notice of Specialized because reasons, but I went to their website and was shocked by their pricing.

The top of the line S-Works Epic has a retail of $19,000. That is what I bought my Subaru Forrester for. The frame and fork set is being sold for $8000.

Three years ago I custom built up a Yeti (not known for their value) from scratch with full XTR, Fox Factory, DT 240s, MCFK, Next SLs for $9000 as my YOLO bike. That was basically operating on an unlimited budget and buying exactly what I wanted.

What the fark has happened to bike pricing since then? Is this because geoblocking allows bike companies to hold us hostage? What margins are they working on? Are they being stupid for asking that much? Are we being stupid for demanding such products? What the actual fark?
Your base level forester is comparable to a Giant Talon.

The market prices what the dentists will pay.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
What I can't believe is how many people buy specialized. I mean I have an old stumpjumper fsr (by old I mean 20 years old) but their stuff is generally so expensive (the old bike was too I might add $4K + 20 years ago), for what you get but there are more Big S bikes than anything else just about, how does that work? Plenty of S Works too !!!

I think generally their geo is conservative, they aren't light... I don't get it, to me they don't even have street cred...
I think Empire Cycles have done really well in Perth - seem to have created a massive following which is driving Specialized sales to an extent. Specialized seem to have more cred here than they do elsewhere.

Wembley Cycles have also driven it a bit, but not to the same extent as Empire.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The new bike fear is coming over me. What if I order my 2020 bike only to find tangible and worthwhile updates to 2021 bikes for a little more outlay?
For the 20 to 30% you'd be wanting a sizable improvement. Maybe a new wheel size, heard 26 is what many pros are riding? Connor smoked it on his.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fair point, I think price rises will be around 10-15% so $150 - $225 difference. That's a decent amount of change for me!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That has to be worth a 30 day ban.
You'd miss my firm and forceful touch...

The new bike fear is coming over me. What if I order my 2020 bike only to find tangible and worthwhile updates to 2021 bikes for a little more outlay?
You just need to realise and accept some truths...

1) there is always going to be a better more appealing bike. Always. Without fail. Always.

2) a life without bikes sucks the bags. Big hairy sweaty stinky bags.

So it seems pretty obvious that you need to just start spending! Bike now, some upgrades, another bike, an alternative now, more bikes, and just keep rolling with it. Your wife should be happy with this course of action. There is a well established inverse relationship between liking bikes and getting laid, plus it gets you off her back a bit. What would she prefer? You go to gym? That's riskier than a strip club! This fleet of bikes is an investment in the stability and longevity of your relationship.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
You'd miss my firm and forceful touch...

You just need to realise and accept some truths...

1) there is always going to be a better more appealing bike. Always. Without fail. Always.

2) a life without bikes sucks the bags. Big hairy sweaty stinky bags.

So it seems pretty obvious that you need to just start spending! Bike now, some upgrades, another bike, an alternative now, more bikes, and just keep rolling with it. Your wife should be happy with this course of action. There is a well established inverse relationship between liking bikes and getting laid, plus it gets you off her back a bit. What would she prefer? You go to gym? That's riskier than a strip club! This fleet of bikes is an investment in the stability and longevity of your relationship.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
The happy home sales pitch is a tricky one. You need a reliable wing team to throw the pitch.

Oh Jenny, I used to have so much trouble keeping Ronald away from other women. It was so stressful knowing that everytime he went to the gym he might be about to fuck another of those hot fit sluts...

How did you solve the problem Kara?

Well I did 2 things. One was expensive but worth it for our marriage. I got him into mountain biking...now he spends all his time surrounded by men in a world most women find so boring they want to die everytime he owns his mouth. He is so obsessed with riding, buying parts, finding places to ride, maintaining his bikes, and some stupid forum chat groups that he barely had time for anything else.

And what was the other thing?

I learnt how to give a decent head job. I suck him off once a month so damn good he nearly blows him eyeballs out.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
The happy home sales pitch is a tricky one. You need a reliable wing team to throw the pitch.

Oh Jenny, I used to have so much trouble keeping Ronald away from other women. It was so stressful knowing that everytime he went to the gym he might be about to fuck another of those hot fit sluts...

How did you solve the problem Kara?

Well I did 2 things. One was expensive but worth it for our marriage. I got him into mountain biking...now he spends all his time surrounded by men in a world most women find so boring they want to die everytime he owns his mouth. He is so obsessed with riding, buying parts, finding places to ride, maintaining his bikes, and some stupid forum chat groups that he barely had time for anything else.

And what was the other thing?

I learnt how to give a decent head job. I suck him off once a month so damn good he nearly blows him eyeballs out.
That's it, no more 50 Shades for you after midnight.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
now he spends all his time surrounded by men in a world most women find so boring they want to die everytime he owns his mouth. He is so obsessed with riding, buying parts, finding places to ride, maintaining his bikes, and some stupid forum chat groups that he barely had time for anything else.
QFT.

@HamboCairns your budget and determination to buy new will always be your biggest obstacle. If you wait for all the 2021 bikes to come out, then you'll also have to wait longer to buy. Then you'll buy your bike and 3 months later the 2022 ranges will start getting leaked and you'll still hate yourself.

The sooner you buy a bike and get riding it the better, then you can finally start wasting your time worrying about important things like tyre pressure and how many clicks of compression damping and where the fuck is that creaking noise coming from?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
QFT.

@HamboCairns your budget and determination to buy new will always be your biggest obstacle. If you wait for all the 2021 bikes to come out, then you'll also have to wait longer to buy. Then you'll buy your bike and 3 months later the 2022 ranges will start getting leaked and you'll still hate yourself.

The sooner you buy a bike and get riding it the better, then you can finally start wasting your time worrying about important things like tyre pressure and how many clicks of compression damping and where the fuck is that creaking noise coming from?
That fucking creak!!! Been trying to resolve a seat post creak for the last couple of days. This morning I went all out and greased the post again, but also got the rag down that seat tube good and deep, popped the collar, and then it all went back together with way too much grease and...finally no noise. In the process I managed to get the seat so tight in the clamp it is never coming out easily.

Just buy a bike @HamboCairns and get rolling towards buying another bike.