Van life

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I reversed a campervan into another campervan in my youth. We where both reversing out of opposite parks at Macdonalds. No major damage done, we then had breakfast together and talked about how shit vans are to reverse.
Do you have a floor plan? I mucked around with a few a couple of years ago but there was no bike storage included.
I do. I'm building a 2 tier unit. 1200 wide X1600 long. Top tier will take 3 bikes on sliders with no front wheels. Bottom tier will be about 1100X1600 and slide out. I'll fit adjustable legs so it can double as a low table. On that will be food storage, microwave, coffee machine etc. Behind the unit, towards the cab, will be an open space for the generator, water etc. The issue is the height of the van. Until I properly measure height needed for the bikes ( I have done rough measurements and I should just be able to get it to fit....) I won't know exactly how it will all work.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Nice, are you going to be living in it?
Have a look at sortch up if you enjoy that sort of thing. Browser based 3D/2D drawing. You can spend days trying different layouts once you get the hang of it.

DMan

Nice, are you going to be living in it?
Have a look at sortch up if you enjoy that sort of thing. Browser based 3D/2D drawing. You can spend days trying different layouts once you get the hang of it.
No, nothing that serious. It's for weekends away and staying overnight at races. I initially had it set up with bikes and the bed inside but decided I'd rejig it with the roof tent pod so I could better utilise the interior space. It is great fun designing interiors. I'm a bit fixated with sliders I think...

Mattyp

Cows go boing
No, nothing that serious. It's for weekends away and staying overnight at races. I initially had it set up with bikes and the bed inside but decided I'd rejig it with the roof tent pod so I could better utilise the interior space. It is great fun designing interiors. I'm a bit fixated with sliders I think...
What sliders/rails are you using?

DMan

What sliders/rails are you using?
Multiple ones. I've got some 1m ones from this mob. They're good. I used them on the 1st unit
The new ones I've got, are some lockable 1400mm sliders. The seller says they are good for 60kg fully open (Not sure about that). But they are really solid. One set for the "sliding table" bottom tier. That will have legs anyway. The other for my bike on the top tier as it needs to go nose in to the van. So 16kg max fully open. That way I should be able to slide it right out to take it on and off the fork mount. The 2X 1m sliders will be for my wife's bikes that go in ass first...