Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Quilton toilet paper...while I am grateful for their efforts to keep us in stock of such an essential item dying this crisis of common sense and I do find their paper to be robust but gentle enough for the unpleasant task in hand, could there be a brand of toilet paper that is harder to "unlock" the roll of? I think not! It's like they had Houdini's ghost design the way they seal up each roll!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
About 30... was a bit of a pump and see how much give pressing thumbs in. I have had trouble with this tyre burping with lower pressure so was running it fairly firm...
Oh how I wish it blew while you were finger banging it!!!

That's an impressive blow out. 30 isn't really hard or soft.

Minlak

custom titis
So the saga continues Aus Post now have it listed as awaiting processing for shipping Since last Thursday - I mean at least all the emails and the links on the page are telling me they are working 24/7 to get me my package 9 days after I ordered it and paid for “express” shipping.
I emailed the shop explaining that other express packages that were ordered had arrived and that we are not in lockdown here with restrictions and that the best Aus post can tell me is it got to Brisbane overnight - the response was pretty much wait and then if it doesn’t arrive we can lodge a case for you - cause you know they don’t take long to be sorted ever

Binaural

Eats Squid
LTIH: discovered that my new-ish Ultegra cranks for the roadie (3mo or so) were creaking abominably, after ruling out all the other usual suspects the hard way (reinstalling BB and cranks et al). Discovered that only one of the four crank bolts were loctited (looks like a factory mistake), and every single bolt had backed off to be finger-loose other than the one that had been installed with loctite. So, pulled them out, cleaned the bores and bolts with isopropyl, applied loctite and started to reinstall with a torque wrench since you need a surprising amount of torque on some light bolts. Bang, broke off the head of the very first bolt (must have been stressed by its time running loose). Literally the first time that's ever happened to me because I am normally a pretty patient mechanic and don't like to brutalise my stuff. Luckily was able to get it out with a normal drill bit, since I didn't have any left-handed bits or a remover tool lying around. So much goddamn faffing to make the bike shut up.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got an F1 team cap for the kid from melbourne yesterday. Aus post got it into their depot on August 8. The only thing in F1 slower than a ferrari this year is the post.
I'm still waiting for this USPS order that arrived in Sydney in early August!
Bounced around the USA for a only a few days and then got here, then crickets. I bet Aus post is involved lol.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
LTIH
Josh frydenberg pouring shit on the Vic State government when the whole LNP federal 'government' should be crucified upside down for all the theft and LIES and corruption they have perpetrated. Also, the LNP disregard for human life. money far more important than people to the LNP shitstains. Promise everything, deliver very little, if anything. They keep Blaming the previous labor government, even though the LNP have been in power for the past 2 terms. and when they aren't doing that, they blame state governments, especially labor state governments. LNP are CUNTS. 100% CUNTS.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I'm still waiting for this USPS order that arrived in Sydney in early August!
Bounced around the USA for a only a few days and then got here, then crickets. I bet Aus post is involved lol.
View attachment 366676

View attachment 366677
I've got one in similar limbo from UK. Landed in Melbourne July 29th, processed August 2nd, then nothing. Tracking enquiry lodged two weeks ago, no response to that yet either. :mad:

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've got one in similar from UK. Landed in Melbourne July 29th, processed August 2nd, then nothing. Tracking enquiry lodged two weeks ago, no response to that yet either. :mad:
Yep. I had a package that took a month to get from me to Brisbane. A whole fucking 3 hours away. After nearly a month Aus Post finally admitted they didn't know where it was. On a Thurs I sent them my bank details for compensation. On Mon the following week my package magically arrived to it's destination, but they still managed to stop the compensation payment before it hit my account. Sso they're not dead slow at some things..... ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Look at all you boys having trouble with who is handling your package and for how long they hold onto it. I ordered some snow gear on 25 August out of the UK and at mum's house today.

On the other hand I ordered some tyres from a domestic retailer on 12 August and of course they haven't arrived yet. I also ordered a helmet from a different Australian retailer on 19 August and am likewise still waiting. Australian retail has once again shown how well they do "modern" business. This hole on line retailing is so new...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Look at all you boys having trouble with who is handling your package and for how long they hold onto it. I ordered some snow gear on 25 August out of the UK and at mum's house today.

On the other hand I ordered some tyres from a domestic retailer on 12 August and of course they haven't arrived yet. I also ordered a helmet from a different Australian retailer on 19 August and am likewise still waiting. Australian retail has once again shown how well they do "modern" business. This hole on line retailing is so new...
Was the snow gear carried to you by Aus post or a courier?

Minlak

custom titis
I assume there will be a class action at some point for compensation for “Express” fees that feature no benefit.
I need the part for the upcoming epic and have no faith in the retailer doing anything more than lodging tracking - tracking is easy it’s in Brisbane - knowing where it is doesn’t present a problem actually getting it does