What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Sexy...why the change over?
Wellll - sooo local guy selling this had no idea what he had - I lowballed him and he said yes - he has been barely using it as a commuter cause even with the raised stem it hurts his back - I want the black frame and need new tyres on my torrent anyway I will keep these and part out the rest and get mh money back - dropper seems ducked - some cable rub only on crown rest of forks are smick - drive train whilst only NX is great - brakes are level t so fine as well. So won’t be keeping most of it - will prob move on wheels too

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
:eek:
WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CRANIUM!

I managed to not buy brake pads and watched a bunch of video’s of other people riding because data entry is boring af and I hate work.
Sorry about the brake pads, can I send some flowers instead? Chocolates? Beer.....

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Night ride #5 - is alive.

Really nice ride with the moon out. Got a few runs down Gunjin in but fucking calf cramp got hold of me.

Tried a few changes to my setup. Dropped tyre pressure down to 25f/27r, fork pressure down to 100psi/25% sag (12psi below recommendation) and ran the shock at 260psi/32% sag (30psi above recommended) and with both tokens removed. All improvements I reckon but still got a way to go to get it riding the way I want.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
@hifiandmtb that just looks so weird seeing someone riding a trail without a helmet. I got a couple of kms down the road on the e-bike commute and had forgotten mine the other day, with cold weather I wear a beanie under the helmet, had put the beanie on but not the lid, came back home and got it.

@moorey I'm continuing to focus on Felix' tip of keeping my inside arm locked out. Getting there.

@Minlak great score.

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey I'm continuing to focus on Felix' tip of keeping my inside arm locked out. Getting there.
It’s hard to get used to it after 30 years of riding like I do. When I remember and apply, bike turns so much better on flat corners, and I tend to oversteer. I always worry the tyres will let go...I’m the issue :D

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen to hear your feedback as to how it runs as a mullet. Have toyed with doing this with mine by lowering travel to 150mm, running it in x-low to keep bb down, and running a +1 deg headset so it’s not too slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had a ride on this last night with a borrowed 29 wheel.

It definitely seems to carry speed better and handles well at speed, but I had a little flop feeling from the front wheel @ 150mm at slower trail speeds. Does this matter? Hard to know at this point.
I cranked it up to 160mm and it has improved it a little (in the street) but I reckon the climbing will definitely suffer.
Shorter offset might be the answer, but either way the trade offs might be worth it for me.

Definitely need more trail time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro