Confessions from the fuckwits

PJO

in me vL comy
Nice, yes lucky! The last new Hope hubset I bought was from Merlin, about 3 years ago. Their prices were cheap at the time, the matching set was under $300. Sadly their prices crept up over the years but still good value.

Scott_W

Likes Bikes
Zee Germans are currently the only decent 26 stockists.
Get the scaphoid fixed properly. If you don’t, it loses blood flow and essentially disintegrates, leaving you permanently restricted and sore...like me.
Yeah, I've seen a few with crazy expensive shipping.

Luckily the fracture was in a good spot and wasn't a bad one. Still, no bike time for a while.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Completed a lowers service on my forks during the week.
Start the first climb and can hear a loud rattling coming from somewhere near the front of the bike. Stop and check it out and can't find the source - carry on just assuming it's some rattling hoses.

Rattle persists.

Get to bottom of first descent (luckily a nice flow trail) when I realise I hadn't tightened up the front caliper and it was just flapping around up there...

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rookie set up with tubeless today.
  1. Got a DHR tyre but it has the yellow maxxis where my front tyre has the white.
  2. Thought I got it all setup properly and put the sealant in. It wouldn't seat properly so went to servo air compressor. Turns out it the inner tape was just those crappy plastic rim protection pieces and I hadn't done the valve tight enough.
  3. Took it apart, cleaned it all up, couple of youtubes later, tape applied. Poke the valve straight into the spoke hole beside where it's meant to go.
  4. Retape, soap the sides, seat the tyre, add sealant, all happy. Forgot to line the logo's up with the valve.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to remove an XD cassette from a Hope hope. Cassette tool splines weren’t seating properly and it kept slipping.

This moron decided to give it a tap with a hammer. All went well and the cassette came off easily.

Went to instal the new cassette and realised that the hub end cap was now lodged firmly inside the cassette removal tool. And I mean firmly.

Cue 45 mins of blood, swearing and self-abuse trying to get it out with a bearing puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk