Little Things You Hate

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You think they would have let me compete with a 2016 cromo NS Eccentric? :D
I dunno, I think the only chance I'd have to keep up would be to catch a lift as a motorbike cameraman! If you reckon you can do it on the NS, go for it!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yep, just got the generic email confirming everything is off. :(

Looks like Buxton will get a few visitors that day.
We’ve got an AirBnB booked so will still head up if we’re allowed.
Disappointed but expected something along those lines.
I’ve learnt not to get my hopes up too high during these times.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
So bit of an anticlimax really, no confessions, ended up splitting the difference by taking 2mm off the hub body and making a 2mm spacer (thanks @SummitFever).

Surely sacrificing .2" tyre width is preferable to hand filing the hub..?

If not, make sure you have a second camera filming your reaction :p
The 3.8" go okay but I usually run 4.5" in the sand because fatter is funner.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone in need of a good prolonged vomit? Have a look at the new M3.
damn, just googled it and wondered who's making faces by pulling their nose up. bmw must be doing something right as they keep selling but in my view it's been down hill in styling since the e46, arguably the e36.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Anyone in need of a good prolonged vomit? Have a look at the new M3.
Doesn't quite disgust me as much as the prototypes suggested it would. But yeah nah. Those heritage photos where they chuck the new one next to all its M3 predecessors are going to look fairly terrible given the back catalogue are a bunch of lookers.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
yuck. and will probably make an Alfa look reliable...
When the next model Focus RS was announced I got over my hate of Ford dealers and dropped a deposit. The yanks killed the project though the tech will find its way into the musthang. Then I took that deposit and put it on the next M3 subject to it not looking like arse (the M4). I pulled that today and said I would compare it to a hat full of arseholes but that would be unkind to the arseholes. I think bmw M have employed the prepubescent teenager who designed the HSV E2 bonnet and nose. Those fake dimples behind the grill are just plain shite. I have no words on the rest of the front fascia, my vulgar vocabulary is too limited.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The instruments are horrid. I was led to believe the display could be configured to look like normal sensible round things. No issue now.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
When the next model Focus RS was announced I got over my hate of Ford dealers and dropped a deposit. The yanks killed the project though the tech will find its way into the musthang. Then I took that deposit and put it on the next M3 subject to it not looking like arse (the M4). I pulled that today and said I would compare it to a hat full of arseholes but that would be unkind to the arseholes. I think bmw M have employed the prepubescent teenager who designed the HSV E2 bonnet and nose. Those fake dimples behind the grill are just plain shite. I have no words on the rest of the front fascia, my vulgar vocabulary is too limited.
Jesus, further digging is not recommended. Power output of 500 horsies sounds fun, but coupled with a kerb weight of 1725kg (a rise of almost 200kg over the old M3 - what the actual fuck) means the power to weight ratio is about on par with its predecessor. It's also bigger, wider and longer than an E39 M5. Sooooo the new M3/M4 is now essentially Commodore sized (and weight).

I kinda thought the M3 was meant to be like a compact performance car rather than a bloated, fat barge.