What does your day look like?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
not to be confused with the other variety of long slithery creatures that are common in the Adelaide hills.
its same colour, but 3 foot longer and has no legs!
We also have a couple of scorpions. Surprised the shit out of me, the first time I found one of the big ones. The little ones are much cuter. No photos, they are lost forever on my bricked phone.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Under a house in Belgrave (mt Dandenong area for those not local)

Probably not a Sydney funnel web this far south, but almost definitely from that family. It's a hard pass whatever it is, plenty of nope

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Yep, likely a relative. They're certainly out in those hills and up in the high country.
Apparently don't have the same punch as their Sydney friends, but I wouldn't want to find out ha ha.

Love the look of the red headed Mouse spiders, used to see them all the time out in East Gippsland. Only small but angry little suckers, that rear up like the funnel webs.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That is so fucking cool!

I found this bad boy while under a house, I may have weed a little

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I'm quite partial to spiders and will normally catch ones inside the house and put them somewhere safe outside (or if it's a Huntsman, leave it where it is so it can continue its unpaid internship of irritating insect remover).

That generosity is unlikely to be extended to funnelwebs though. Honestly is there a spider more visually foreshadowing than a Funnelweb? Fuckers just scream "I am really, really dangerous and will hurt you really badly. Leave me alone"

My grandmother's place in Sydney was in a hotspot for them and I learnt many things, like how good they are at sprinting across the top of swimming pools you happen to be in....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Being from Tas I am not used to spiders with personalities, aside from ye ole huntsman.

This absolute bastard is where I started yo sit up and take notes.
found cruising ailse 18 of bunnings at 5 am.
I have no fear or phobia of spiders, snakes or any of the creatures that give people the heebie-jeebies.

BUT see those frigging giant centipedes, nothing makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck like those mofos... too many legs or something. We get them in the garden here in the Adelaide Hills but the biggest on I seen was on a night ride a few years back, the bugger was about 20cm long, still gives me the wullies thinking about it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Here you go, 2014 was the year, big pincers and those f#%king legs all working at once, way too many legs... Brrrrrrrrrrr

View attachment 367480
Came home on two seperate nights to find the cat sitting there looking very happy with himself for dispatching these intruders. Still can’t work out how they got into the locked and pretty well sealed house in Cambodia.
The pic doesn’t show it well but the mandibles can put you In hospital for a day or two.
The snake was identified by some locals as a deadly viper or other locals as a harmless green tree python. Never found out which but glad I never saw anymore inside my house.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Reminds me of another guy who does it for wasps and other Hymenoptera to make a pain scale rating:

He has a book I've been meaning to read (https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/title/sting-wild) as I'm a big fan of all types of wasps (my undergrad honours thesis was on wasps, and I have a wasp tattoo :) )

Jpez

Down on the left!
Reminds me of another guy who does it for wasps and other Hymenoptera to make a pain scale rating:

He has a book I've been meaning to read (https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/title/sting-wild) as I'm a big fan of all types of wasps (my undergrad honours thesis was on wasps, and I have a wasp tattoo :) )
Saw a Doco about those giant ‘murder wasps’ that go in and decapitate entire hives of bees. The bees on the other hand when finding a scout wasp in their midst start vibrating to bring the temperature up and literally broil the wasp alive. Amazing stuff.
But you can keep your wasps ya weirdo :D