First Waltly frame

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
First pass from Waltly came in this arvo.

View attachment 367436

It looks pretty close but the seat tube looks a bit slack for the 76 degrees it's meant to be. Need to have a good look to make sure everything is in the right place.
I tried for about a week to get that same oval top tube and seat stay junction and couldn't explain it to them or get close to it on a drawing! Your first go and there it is! lol.

FYI if those cable ports are the same as one my second frame, they don't actually clamp the cable outer so maybe consider something to stop the cable housing sliding around...

Litenbror

Eats Squid
If you're planning on ever doing some adventuring, can you fit a second bottle mount under the down tube and one on the top tube for a TT bag?
Going to put some bosses on the seat tube and move the ones inside on the down tube up to try and get 2 bottles inside the triangle. Might also consider some on the underside of the top tube. Not sure about on top of the TT will have a think about it.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'm considering a curved gusset from the to tube to the seat tube what's the feeling on them? It will stiffen up the frame up but is it necessary?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm considering a curved gusset from the to tube to the seat tube what's the feeling on them? It will stiffen up the frame up but is it necessary?
I rekon a gusset is not necessary, but if you want a firmer frame. what you can do it attach the seat stays to the seat tube instead of the sides of the top tube. You would have to move the connection higher though to clear the tyre if you want to keep the seat stay bridge. The load transfer is a lot more direct and hence stiffer with tis method.

But remember, you want compliance in up/down and stiffness in left/right movement. The most flexy part of the frame is the chain stays. It's effectively two bits of flat (non tubular) metal. That is going to have the biggest impact on frame stiffness. Generally you want some 'compliance' in the up down direction and little in the left right direction, but this design does the opposite. Not much you can do if you want fat tyres and short stays, but it's worth considering.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I like the look and easy adjustability.
They are also a more solid interface with the stays.

#1 would be the Paragon rockers but I like the salsa alternator system.

I'm in Melbourne and just stumbled across this thread while researching whether Waltly might work for a frame based off a Banshee Paradox, given that all the frames I want are sold out (Paradox, Bfe Max).

Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Hey, would you be ok to share the full pdf drawing? I'd be interested to see what Waltly is doing with the chainstays. Thanks!
Yep happy to share the drawing but not sure if I can upload the pdf here. Send me a message with your email and I'll send it to you.