What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Is there a need for more than 10 gears (11-46)?
Probably not really. My 11 speed is 11-42 so smaller big cog.

Also smaller jumps in teeth between gears so maybe easier to find the right gear...?

I rode 1x9 for years and never really wanted more. Easier climbing with 11 though.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Any idea how to get rid of wailing banshee sound coming from my rear brakes when I slow down? Front brake is fine.
In order of best case scenario to worst:

1. Adjust alignment of the caliper
  2. They are not bedded in properly - sand the pads down a bit and go to a big hill, roll down doing hard stops but not actually coming to a stop a dozen times.
  3. Contaminated pads and/or rotors - Sand pads then clean pads and rotors with isopropyl and/or or burn them on the bbq (pads facing up!)

If all of the above doesn't work then it's new bike time.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Any idea how to get rid of wailing banshee sound coming from my rear brakes when I slow down? Front brake is fine.
Clean the rotor with isopropyl alcohol and a clean oil-free rag or towelette for starters. Go simple first.

Other possible causes are glazed pads or rotors that have taken on too much heat at some point, fine dust surrounding caliper piston that can lead to vibrations or the caliper could be a bit off centre.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Clean the rotor with isopropyl alcohol and a clean oil-free rag or towelette for starters. Go simple first.

Other possible causes are glazed pads or rotors that have taken on too much heat at some point, fine dust surrounding caliper piston that can lead to vibrations or the caliper could be a bit off centre.
It's the new bike so likely a calliper adjustment or not bedded in yet

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you wash New Bike and they are still a little wet ?
Do the Stop Go - Accelerate , slow down , repeat .

Try the other chaps ideas first !

Mine carry on after I've washed it , but not after i go through puddles / creeks .....?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
That's another point.

Keep bike wash and lubes away from the rotors and pads.
These work well...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wash my bike with dishwashing detergent, which crosses over with another way to clean your pads. Pop them out of the calipers, dab on some detergent, add a little water, rub together and watch the filth foam out. Repeat as required until foam is clean.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I've only washed my bike with water, no products have touched my bike yet!

I have a bottle of Krush for when the time comes.