Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
A mate of mine having a run in with Musty Jordan. Had already agreed on price and was heading to meet him prior to this message exchange.
I tried to warn him.
View attachment 369184
Ha, about 2 years ago I sold a set of fixed wheels to a douchebag from another forum agreed price was $120, ol' mate turns up at my place and hands over $100 " hey mate, it's all I have, I've ridden here straight from work"...passed about 25 ATMs on the way, it pissed me off no end, not so much the $20 but the audacity of it. I've seen him post WTB threads for stuff I have but I flat out ignore them now, I'd rather they collect dust in the garage.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ha, about 2 years ago I sold a set of fixed wheels to a douchebag from another forum agreed price was $120, ol' mate turns up at my place and hands over $100 " hey mate, it's all I have, I've ridden here straight from work"...passed about 25 ATMs on the way, it pissed me off no end, not so much the $20 but the audacity of it. I've seen him post WTB threads for stuff I have but I flat out ignore them now, I'd rather they collect dust in the garage.
I had a young bloke ask to borrow the wheel set I had for sale as he had smashed his rear wheel that weekend and he didn't have the cash to buy them.
He wanted the set for "1 week max" and even know he only needed the rear, though it would look better if he had a matching set :oops:

I'm all for helping folk but FFS, they're for sale ya turnip.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Some shit-stained muppet fart did a similar thing to my husband. Definitely makes a person want to hoard things rather than deal with the general population.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I had a young bloke ask to borrow the wheel set I had for sale as he had smashed his rear wheel that weekend and he didn't have the cash to buy them.
He wanted the set for "1 week max" and even know he only needed the rear, though it would look better if he had a matching set :oops:

Hahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! Bwwahahahahaaa!!!!!

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Holey moley, that wouldn’t have cost $1250 when it was new, 20 years ago.
It's a 2003 Giant NRS2. The Australian one cost ~$2500 - and was red, so the orange makes me think it's an overseas version. (I know this cause I bought a 2004 after looking at the 2003.)

The above frame looking relatively un-trashed, combined with several downgraded, non-factory-spec parts (the dodgy coil shock - it was designed for Air, the J2 fork, deore mech, mixed wheels) makes me suspicious that this was stolen overseas, mixed with parts from other stolen bikes, and sent here.

Alf has sold quite a few bikes this year ... https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller/Alf/1003975362/date/1

Or it's legit, but owned by someone as lacking in taste as a thief and some wierd bike trading interests. $1250 is way too much still.

Staunch

Eats Squid

On the flip-side for a bit of a feel-good story to counter-act all the douche in this thread.
About 10 years ago I sold a pair of 888 forks to a guy I'd never met before, as I had bought some Boxxers. We spoke a couple times after the exchange, and he asked me if I was still going the race on the weekend. I informed him I couldn't because my boxxers hadn't arrived yet, so he offered to let me borrow my forks back that I had just sold him, free of charge.
He's one of my best mates now.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
It's a 2003 Giant NRS2. The Australian one cost ~$2500 - and was red, so the orange makes me think it's an overseas version. (I know this cause I bought a 2004 after looking at the 2003.)

The above frame looking relatively un-trashed, combined with several downgraded, non-factory-spec parts (the dodgy coil shock - it was designed for Air, the J2 fork, deore mech, mixed wheels) makes me suspicious that this was stolen overseas, mixed with parts from other stolen bikes, and sent here.

Alf has sold quite a few bikes this year ... https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller/Alf/1003975362/date/1

Or it's legit, but owned by someone as lacking in taste as a thief and some wierd bike trading interests. $1250 is way too much still.
So you’re telling me the bike is internationally travelled, bespoke and has mystique.

In that case, it’s too cheap.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Some shit-stained muppet fart did a similar thing to my husband. Definitely makes a person want to hoard things rather than deal with the general population.
I used to get that. If a seller goes to the trouble of meeting you somewhere, FFS don't try to short-change them.
I would tell dickhead of the day to go to the atm and get the rest of the money. (or GTFO)

Another thing I REALLY hate is buyers, who message me - usually facebook market place, and write some bullshit like "what's your best price?" or "what's your price range on this?" to which my answer, if I'm in a good mood, is "that would be the advertised price"
Fuck those idiots with a jackhammer in every orifice. :)

Last edited: