What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
To roll the clock forward a bit, I got that itch.......you know, ........that one..........New Frame Day that is probably due to @beeb

I leapt at the chance of a frame upgrade on a run out 5010 v3 since a model change with a price cut will be as good as it gets. The newer ones are looking a bit too bike park for my lowly nancy skills. Mrs has been talking up an extra room house extension since January so was now or probably not at all. I'm fine to do a bit-sa and recycle whatever parts without getting hung up about it build, I'll figure it out.

Almost got one from Johnny Rockets at Toowoomba (which are a great shop) but was a matt black C and had to be stripped down. Purple funk had to be done. Lusty were about $1.6k more. I asked for a price match to something a bit sharper. Offered to take my money now or I'll just have to import direct and got the geo-blocking 'No, you can't do that' spiel so I took it as a worthy challenge and did it anyhow.

US purchased and shipped to a colleague in Boston who is also a bike nut and much to my surprise didn't swap it with a Giant Yukon. Booked BikeFlights to do the door to door delivery. No problems to report with shipping and took about a week in Covid times. Went really smoothly. Waiting for other small but showstopper parts of all sorts took ages.

Here it is plus a comparison of Ol' Yella the 1996 Heckler to 5010 v3 circa 2019 for a bit of SC trail bike geekery. Both are Large.
New school is long.

View attachment 369162View attachment 369163
View attachment 369164
Ooooh and it's my favourite colour from the V3's! Very, very nice mate - can't wait to see the finished product!

Flow-Rider

Burner
To roll the clock forward a bit, I got that itch.......you know, ........that one..........New Frame Day that is probably due to @beeb

I leapt at the chance of a frame upgrade on a run out 5010 v3 since a model change with a price cut will be as good as it gets. The newer ones are looking a bit too bike park for my lowly nancy skills. Mrs has been talking up an extra room house extension since January so was now or probably not at all. I'm fine to do a bit-sa and recycle whatever parts without getting hung up about it build, I'll figure it out.

Almost got one from Johnny Rockets at Toowoomba (which are a great shop) but was a matt black C and had to be stripped down. Purple funk had to be done. Lusty were about $1.6k more. I asked for a price match to something a bit sharper. Offered to take my money now or I'll just have to import direct and got the geo-blocking 'No, you can't do that' spiel so I took it as a worthy challenge and did it anyhow.

US purchased and shipped to a colleague in Boston who is also a bike nut and much to my surprise didn't swap it with a Giant Yukon. Booked BikeFlights to do the door to door delivery. No problems to report with shipping and took about a week in Covid times. Went really smoothly. Waiting for other small but showstopper parts of all sorts took ages.

Here it is plus a comparison of Ol' Yella the 1996 Heckler to 5010 v3 circa 2019 for a bit of SC trail bike geekery. Both are Large.
New school is long.

View attachment 369164
Nice one !

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

New school is long.

View attachment 369164
WE DID IT LADS! HE FINALLY CAVED AND BOUGHT ONE

Last edited:

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

New school is long.

View attachment 369164
Nice. Let me know when to expect the Heckler to arrive at my place.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
2nd day of Pedal ups at Bright... first run down Shred Kellys in a while, even took a wrong turn :p good way to finish a ride. Its good to be out of lockdown!
Good colour settings !!! That looks really well in the tree cover. Nice work.

Taking vids and getting home to see the exposure turned out nearly gives you a tingle in yer wazza ;)

tobbogonist

a registered member
Spent 40 minutes at the pump track up the road.
A young girl was furious at me going the 'wrong way'. She believed I must only ride around the outside as fast as possible then cut through the middle and do a jump. Rinse, repeat.
At one point she road in front of me and just stopped. I left. I aint winning no safety argument with a 10 year old girl in a public space.
Looking back now, should have had a jump off.