Anyone have experience with AION35 EVO BOOST LO R PCS 15QLC 29

DeBloot

Feeling old
Welcome to the club!!
And no worries, girlfriend drinks Soy so I don't even need to go out to get any. Bonsoy too, none of the milk labs curdling stuff.
Cake subject to availability.
:) Bonsoy - toffs milk lol
Anyone with any idea where to get spacers - 160mm a bit too much -Bike rated to 150mm
I have an email notification with Suntour US but not sure what they'll hit me for postage when they come back in stock

goobags

Likes Dirt
If someone either sent me one or could draw a proper engineering drawing of one I could model and 3D print one. I assume their just plastic and the tolerance wouldn’t have to be plus or minus 0.1mm or anything silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
My enquiry started with this exact same thought, 3D printable to sure. And yeah, it's just a clip that sits on the air piston assembly.
Put it on a copier / scanner and get an accurate profile, should not be hard to import it into something scale it then extrude and make the shoulders / recesses.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
If someone either sent me one or could draw a proper engineering drawing of one I could model and 3D print one. I assume their just plastic and the tolerance wouldn’t have to be plus or minus 0.1mm or anything silly

I got 1 spare one @goobags, would be happy to send it to you to copy then reproduce/upload to thingiverse

Once we have a model I can print some up and I'm happy to send for postage any travel reducers anyone needs.

DeBloot

Feeling old

Brilliant work I’ll take 2

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
To the brains trust, do these forks have the noisy negative spring? I can’t make heads nor tails of the SR site.

https://www.srsuntour.us/collection...idon34-xc-lo-r-29-27-7?variant=12401794023518

looking to upgrade the rubbish XC coil forks on my dads E hardtail.
You’re right, it is hard to tell. I looked at their spare parts for their raidon and there are no negative coil springs listed which suggests it doesn’t use a negative coil. That’s just a bit of a guess though... Either that or its not a replaceable/serviceable part on that fork but that would surprise me. They seem to make a point of making things serviceable.

The negative coil is not always noisy but its a risk. I’m running a Durolux and it doesn’t make a peep. Great fork

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of a thread bump here.

I am looking for a 140mm 29" fork to replace a 2019 Rock Shox Revelation (35mm version) and don't want to spend >$1k on someone's beat up Pike or 36's at present.
These will go on my BFE Max hardtail, so probably hard trail duty, rather than full enduro requirements.

I found a few Bomber Z1 or Z2 on FB for reasonable prices then came here to see if anyone had been discussing them.

What's the verdict on the Suntour forks 6 months later?
I may consider them if they are less than the second hand offerings I am looking at.

For what it's worth, I never tinker with dials and get my forks serviced by others

Cheers

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I like mine, it got super noisy after a few months. Greasing the neg coil spring seemed to shut it up again.
Can you not drop a damper in the revelation?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like mine, it got super noisy after a few months. Greasing the neg coil spring seemed to shut it up again.
Can you not drop a damper in the revelation?
Probably could put a new damper in the Revelation but that's not how things work around here is it?

The 2.1 Charger seems to be around $400 retail everywhere, so if anyone has one, I might be interested.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Bit of a thread bump here.

I am looking for a 140mm 29" fork to replace a 2019 Rock Shox Revelation (35mm version) and don't want to spend >$1k on someone's beat up Pike or 36's at present.
These will go on my BFE Max hardtail, so probably hard trail duty, rather than full enduro requirements.

I found a few Bomber Z1 or Z2 on FB for reasonable prices then came here to see if anyone had been discussing them.

What's the verdict on the Suntour forks 6 months later?
I may consider them if they are less than the second hand offerings I am looking at.

For what it's worth, I never tinker with dials and get my forks serviced by others

Cheers
I've run 2 suntours an Auron and Durolux and both have been good. As good as the Fox and RS equivalents but better price and easy to service.

For reference I was running the Durolux on the Waltly hardtail at 140mm and it was great, didn't feel over forked at all.