What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah not sore at all. Index finger is!
Fair enough. When I went OTB in August I felt similar, it's sore but not doctor visit sore...months later and my hand still shows weakness of grip strength and I couldn't put enough force on it to do a push up. My impact zone was quite similar to your bruise.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Would have loved to but didn’t have the fitness after lockdowns... How was it?
Super tough. 4500m climbing. A lot of 20-25% climbs. Hot, windy. Was a lot tougher than I was assuming. Went out a bit to hard at the start. The cramps over the last 80km weren’t ideal. would be one of the best organized races I’ve done. I had the route downloaded on the garmin but didn’t need it as the course was well signed. Food and drink stations every 30km approx. All Clif products, fruit, water, electrolyte drinks all supplied.
Less than 50% finished, was tough. Overall was equivalent of doing the odyssey twice. can’t wait for next year!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Super tough. 4500m climbing. A lot of 20-25% climbs. Hot, windy. Was a lot tougher than I was assuming. Went out a bit to hard at the start. The cramps over the last 80km weren’t ideal. would be one of the best organized races I’ve done. I had the route downloaded on the garmin but didn’t need it as the course was well signed. Food and drink stations every 30km approx. All Clif products, fruit, water, electrolyte drinks all supplied.
Less than 50% finished, was tough. Overall was equivalent of doing the odyssey twice. can’t wait for next year!
Bookmarked for future reference!

@Art Vanderlay all dirt roads or some singletrack too?

Edit: nevermind. Just looked at the event website.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can actually feel the clunk through both pedal axles, it's like they're not wound all the way in (they are).
I had some clunk / rattle on the bike which was annoyingly hard to track down. In the end it was the brake pads rattling in the caliper.

Have you tried
Chainring bolts?
Derailleur hanger?
Chain-guide bolts?
Play in the dropper post?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Headed for the trees and stuffed around at Kowen for a couple hours. Nice and dry there now, but the blackberries are taking off and the amount of weeds in general means its a bit of a fire risk this summer.

Rode Stairway to Heaven for first time in years - got caught on the same corner as I used to - had forgot about where it was. Bloodnut Stout was also a fun climbing trail.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Those are rookie numbers! Glad to hear he is doing ok, I got 12 external stitches plus a bunch of internal on my gash. Was he wearing elbow pads? Presume not, noticed your boy band a lot are wearing elbows, any comments on if too hot or restrictive?
I'm the only one not wearing them in the pic, mate who copped the gash managed to miss the part where the padding is. I think everyone just puts up with any discomfort issues. I used to not even wear knee pads until a bad crash where one of the band (the one that now has the gearbox left most in the pic) slipped gears when i was tailgating him. He had pads and got a couple of minor grazes, my knee was cooked for a good month and still bugs me.

Anyway second from the right got XL IXS elbows which are a tad loose so they're coming my way, if they are as good as the knees they should be comfy. I forget I have the knees on sometimes.