2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I had to bow out and I’m not stoked about it. Too much logistically with work and employees at short notice to sort out before I even ran it past the wife. I’m hoping I can get another chance next time. November would have been much easier to arrange.

Good luck all those going, serious levels of ROMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I just did the Tas Gravity Enduro round 2 at Maydena, and it was certainly a solid day.
We did 5 stages. 2,038m descending and 1,176m climbing (we were shuttled to the top for the first stage) 27.5km and a total time of 5hrs, riding time and about 3 1/4hrs actual riding time.
If the Trans Tas is anything like this it will be a solid five days :eek:

moorey

call me Mia
Trying to string some solid days in succession.
Saturday 28km/700m
Sunday 33km/850m
Monday 41km, 800m.

Going to aim for minimum 150km per week this month and aim for 200 next month. New commute route today is 20km/350m return. Haven’t commuted for years. I’ll try to slip a couple of those in per week now that WFH is easing slightly.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Trying to string some solid days in succession.
Saturday 28km/700m
Sunday 33km/850m
Monday 41km, 800m.

Going to aim for minimum 150km per week this month and aim for 200 next month. New commute route today is 20km/350m return. Haven’t commuted for years. I’ll try to slip a couple of those in per week now that WFH is easing slightly.
Don't forget to use those commutes for some HIIT and do some hike a bikes.

See the downtime podcast for what someone did in prep for the Trans Provence.

https://www.downtimepodcast.com/trans-provence-special-part-one/

https://www.downtimepodcast.com/trans-provence-special-part-two/

moorey

call me Mia

herbman

Likes Dirt
I just did the Tas Gravity Enduro round 2 at Maydena, and it was certainly a solid day.
We did 5 stages. 2,038m descending and 1,176m climbing (we were shuttled to the top for the first stage) 27.5km and a total time of 5hrs, riding time and about 3 1/4hrs actual riding time.
If the Trans Tas is anything like this it will be a solid five days :eek:
That was a hard day on the bike, lots of cool tracks. Mos Def was a highlight.

And for those that are worried about Derby. Pray for a dry week leading up to the days at Maydena.
A green/blue trail at Maydena is a black in Derby, plus its got so much more steep trails that hammer the upper body.

Stredda

That was a hard day on the bike, lots of cool tracks. Mos Def was a highlight.

And for those that are worried about Derby. Pray for a dry week leading up to the days at Maydena.
A green/blue trail at Maydena is a black in Derby, plus its got so much more steep trails that hammer the upper body.
I agree, that Moss Def/Tinder stage was awesome! I liked the Beach Babe section and even Outer Limits despite the big climb up to and back out of that stage o_O

herbman

Likes Dirt
I agree, that Moss Def/Tinder stage was awesome! I liked the Beach Babe section and even Outer Limits despite the big climb up to and back out of that stage o_O
The only issue with Moss Def was that i was rather tired by that stage and didn't have the energy to enjoy it to its full.

The climb on Outer limits did take some of the enjoyment away from the descent, but it was still a lot of fun and had a good mix of terrain.

Stredda

The only issue with Moss Def was that i was rather tired by that stage and didn't have the energy to enjoy it to its full.

The climb on Outer limits did take some of the enjoyment away from the descent, but it was still a lot of fun and had a good mix of terrain.
Yeah, my legs were definitely feeling pretty cooked by that stage. lol

moorey

call me Mia
Been doing lots of km, without stops where possible, then doing the loop from my house every couple of days as a yardstick of my fitness.
Used to generally take me about 1h30 of riding time with some stops for the 18km.
Start of last week I put in a hot lap without stops at 1h22.
Smashed that a few days later with a 1h19.
Took out the alpine a couple of days ago. Love how it pedals, smashed out a 1h15 and reckoned that’s about as fast as I could push it.
Went out tonight on the Tranny again after adding a goat link to improve shifting on the 10-46 cassette. Wasn’t playing well, couldn’t get into the 46 and the 40 was playing up a bit, so I just had to grind the pinch climbs.
Felt great, wasn’t expecting a great time.
1h09 :oops:

Minlak

custom titis
Been doing lots of km, without stops where possible, then doing the loop from my house every couple of days as a yardstick of my fitness.
Used to generally take me about 1h30 of riding time with some stops for the 18km.
Took out the alpine a couple of days ago. Love how it pedals, smashed out a 1h15 and reckoned that’s about as fast as I could push it.
Went out tonight on the Tranny again after adding a goat link to improve shifting on the 10-46 cassette. Wasn’t playing well, couldn’t get into the 46 and the 40 was playing up a bit, so I just had to grind the pinch climbs.
Stop sandbagging and put a hot lap in

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jesus fkn christ. The biggest wheels you're prepared to surrender to are going to be faster. It might not be fun. But it will be faster.