Votes: 6 17.6%
  • DVO Onyx/Diamond

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
DVO for me, however my Lyrik Über Düber is pretty sweet. Select model with Smashpot and a redundant RCT3 damper upgrade. I preferred my Helm coil to the Über Düber. If you want want a sweet deal buy the new Onyx and I’ll swap ya’ ;-)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Out of curiosity, how much have you fiddled with the setup so far? I started out around the factory suggestions and it was pretty harsh as expected based on what I'd read online. I've since made changes every time I've been out (only three or four times) and changes are very noticable.

It'll take some time to nail this I think, but I reckon there's a real sweet spot to be had.

Mezzers are also pretty lightweight, if that's relevant.
Not nearly as much as it deserves. The Mezzer went on the Pole Evolink 150 which I long stroked with a BOS Kirk to give it 180/167mm of travel, just in case it wasn't enough of a monster truck. Note those are 29x2.6 tyres in that photo.

I had a couple of rides on the bike before I decided to lose a fuckload of weight while not eating much and being a grumpy tired asshole for a couple of months.

That first ride was harsh. I set the lsc and rebound based on a carpark bounce and I figured out that the damper lsc circuit expects higher shaft speeds then the other dampers I run.

The second ride I got a better handle on the air spring and the lsc, but not perfected. Now that I've lost a heap of weight I'll have to adjust all of that again.

Overall the Mezzer is stiffer and has a more racey feel compared to my Avalanched Lyric and DVO Onyx. This suits the Pole's personality quite well.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ I'm with him.

Sometimes my Pike with the revised Debonair spring feels awesome. Sometimes it feels a little chattery.

Dunno what a perfect fork feels like - ain't got the money to experiment!

Minlak

custom titis
I’m just glad I’m too much of a hack to tell between a good fork and a great fork. It’s too expensive to feel improvements.
^^^ I'm with him.

Sometimes my Pike with the revised Debonair spring feels awesome. Sometimes it feels a little chattery.

Dunno what a perfect fork feels like - ain't got the money to experiment!
I have spent literally tens of thousands on dollars on prostitutes with exactly the same problem - Im not sure what perfect feels like and I am not good enough to feel the difference.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Maybe that's my problem, I know what I want it to ride like but is it even a reality or achievable.

ozzybmx

Very interesting that with 15 votes, the 'internets' #1 fork, the Lyrik, only has 1 vote :oops:

BTW I have ridden Fox my whole life, I had a 100mm SID back in 2010ish and a Manitou minute for not much longer than its name suggests.

Seems the Mezzer and DVO are looking more like what I want then.

How easy is it to change travel in a Onyx or Diamond, there is only ~100g weight penalty (according to DVO specs) but the Onxy seems to come in 180mm... does it have spacers included in the box ?
I see both NSD and bike24 have stock in the black 29 and hopefully NSD's is a 44mm offset.

Mezzers ? Were a give away on cycling deal, none about anymore ?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Very interesting that with 15 votes, the 'internets' #1 fork, the Lyrik, only has 1 vote :oops:

BTW I have ridden Fox my whole life, I had a 100mm SID back in 2010ish and a Manitou minute for not much longer than its name suggests.

Seems the Mezzer and DVO are looking more like what I want then.

How easy is it to change travel in a Onyx or Diamond, there is only ~100g weight penalty (according to DVO specs) but the Onxy seems to come in 180mm... does it have spacers included in the box ?
I see both NSD and bike24 have stock in the black 29 and hopefully NSD's is a 44mm offset.

Mezzers ? Were a give away on cycling deal, none about anymore ?
Onyx only come in 44mm offset for 29er so you're good there. Travel change is relatively straight forward too and the fork comes with spacers. Lowers off, unscrew air side (I used circlip pliers to undo them), pull negative spring down and add spacers. Reverse process, cover the lot in grease and refit.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I voted RS because after sales support is ace and parts are cheap.

If it was an option vote 2 for formula.
Drop in valves are awesome.
Don’t kink shame the purple. It looks pretty good on polished aluminium with black everything else.

ozzybmx

Have sent NSD an email about the DVO's they have in stock. They are $300 cheaper elsewhere but I know from past dealings with NSD that they will sort out any issues very quickly.