E biking threads on rotorburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Over the past few weeks there have been attempts to derail the ebike posts. This is bullshit. Whether you like them or not ebikes are here and will become more and more popular. If you have an issue with that then stay out of this section. If you choose to thrown shit and have a dig then your posts will be removed and any quotes that reference them. Keep it up and you can have a holiday.

I dont care if someone bought an ebike because they are fat and lazy or because they bought one to go faster than their mate or because the ebike is the only way they can keep riding. It doesnt matter. That is like arguing that the guy who spent $15k on a bespoke downhill bike shouldnt be faster than the kmart special.

Now to make it clear there will also be no posts about illegal ebikes, modded ebikes or anything that refers to or promotes these. Again such posts will be deleted without warning and recidivists will get a holiday.

Get on your bikes and ride.

moorey

call me Mia
I think the discussions both for and against on here are more respectful than anywhere else TBH. There’s some good natured ribbing occasionally, but that’s about all it is. How is it different from every mention on an orange drawing a filing cabinet reference from you? Are we that precious?
For my own part, I own an ebike, I ride with ebikers, I have no plans to use one myself yet, but I think I have a valid opinion to express on them, particularly in a racing context where the sport is almost being geared towards them, rather than simply accommodating them.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Instead of the sanctimony, can you do us all a favour and allow users to hide the ebike subforum from the main page / whats new sections so we don't have to see it? Same as we can ignore users, extend it to subsections..

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Wait, so you want me to work during the day now?!

Fwiw - I get the sentiment and it probably is something that needs some work. Ebikers cop heap out on the trails, it's mind blowing how many people will hang shit on a stranger because of what they ride. Good natured or not, it's going to contribute to ebikers being assholes back and then back the other way and so on. They're probably fairly thick skinned from getting so much, but it's not going to help make them nicer people (like the ones that blasted through a kids group on the weekend)

What happened to the message bill and Ted taught us all?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Wait, so you want me to work during the day now?!

Fwiw - I get the sentiment and it probably is something that needs some work. Ebikers cop heap out on the trails, it's mind blowing how many people will hang shit on a stranger because of what they ride. Good natured or not, it's going to contribute to ebikers being assholes back and then back the other way and so on. They're probably fairly thick skinned from getting so much, but it's not going to help make them nicer people (like the ones that blasted through a kids group on the weekend)

What happened to the message bill and Ted taught us all?

No one on here falls into the category of ebikes you are talking about above though...and I don’t think anyone on here has the slightest genuine animosity towards each other....do they? :oops:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
No one on here falls into the category of ebikes you are talking about above though...and I don’t think anyone on here has the slightest genuine animosity towards each other....do they? :oops:
I'm talking very generally, and its hard to be sure it couldnt be a thing that is contributed to here. It wouldn't be cool if I made racist jokes here about a group I was fairly sure didn't hang here, I know it's not the same thing but it's the normalising I'm getting at.

It's still open season on Trump supporters, and conservatives in general though

moorey

call me Mia
I call out ebikers who deserve it.
I call out DHers who deserve it.
I call out Endurbro’s who deserve it.
I call out roadies who deserve it. Ok, that’s all of them.
I call out vegans who deserve it. Again, that’s pretty much all of them.
There are fantastic Christians and conservatives as well as terrible progressives and atheists.

I sound like a bit of a chunt. If it walks and quacks like a duck....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Only tradies and public servants.
Fuck those guys.
Haarkers, I thought you were banned?

There are fantastic Christians and conservatives as well as terrible progressives and atheists.

I knew it! I knew you secretly worshipped XC guys.

But seriously, it shouldn't matter what you're on, what matters is what you do while you're on it. It's the entitled fucks who don't care about trail etiquette etc that I have an issue with.

moorey

call me Mia
Haarkers, I thought you were banned?

I knew it! I knew you secretly worshipped XC guys.

It's the entitled fucks who don't care about trail etiquette etc that I have an issue with.
1. I don’t rate them enough to even bother with.

2. They’re in every discipline. It’s just that they are the ones that all go on to be ebikers

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
2. They’re in every sport It’s just that they are the ones that all go on to be ebikers
FIFY.

I think that's the key to it all. Accepting that there's fucktards everywhere and trying to not be one of them.

Edit: you and yaw fucking hidden text

tobbogonist

a registered member

My dad was having a go at me about 'all vegans' the other day.
I asked him about his feelings towards Tony from the yacht club: 'blokes a bloody idiot'
Doesnt matter where your circle falls, gunna be some spanners in the mix.
Ive tried to apply that ethos everywhere in my life.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Translated: Moorey loves us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.