The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Went to 3, all paid up.

Edit: Actually only 2 at the moment, I'm still having a huff with MTBA. Will probably renew before my first race.

Last edited:
I get to go for my first ride in ages on the weekend, I may get my YTD to 500kms if I'm lucky

I suspect this ride to both be a blast and suck at the same time, perhaps there is a Japanese word for that ?

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I will hopefully get close to the 3,000km mark and that's pretty much all MTB thanks to working from home since March.

I did just over 3k in 2015 and 3.5k in 2014 but I was on my old Anthem and doing a lot of road/cycle paths due to the lack of local trails back then

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will hopefully get close to the 3,000km mark and that's pretty much all MTB thanks to working from home since March.
View attachment 369467

I did just over 3k in 2015 and 3.5k in 2014 but I was on my old Anthem and doing a lot of road/cycle paths due to the lack of local trails back then
For some reason I was expecting Tassie elevation to be through the roof.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My local trail only has about 80m of vertical and that's 90% of my riding lately. If I lived closer to the Dial Range or down south around Hobart I'd probably have racked up more. Also I hate climbing :p

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve aimed for 3000 last few years and only made it finally last year. For a fair proportion of this year some bloke called Dan said I shouldn’t go to the pub and should exercise instead, so I hit 3 in November. Much to my surprise I’m pretty close to 4 now and still got a couple of days to give it a nudge. Off for a spin

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Just looked at mine :mad:. 383 km only due to a shoulder .
Finishing with 459 . Looking back the last couple years and spent a lot of time off the bike from bad injuries . 2018 was pretty much a write off after the achilles . 2019 was going ok until August ( 2327 km ) - a front wheel wash out at 56 km resulted in a torn AC , rotator . Recovery was going well until a drunken challenge with the kid resulted in a fit ball fall the wrenched the shoulder back out and because it was still weak a torn pec to go with it . So maybe the challenge for 2021 will be to ride more sedately ?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Consisted of
1300km commuitng (10km each way - hence high activity count)
603km on a tacx neo
870km on a mtb
448km misc roadie rides

Piss poor effort. Will I try harder next year.....nah