Confessions from the fuckwits

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Ah bugger @moorey, gotta say those RM's seem to have fragile seat stays, thinking back to my mates Altitude that he dropped on some rocks and cracked.

I bought some Dissector 2.6's after seeing how much @Litenbror was railing on his new ones a few weeks back, the ideal tyre for most of Canberra. Then I read the description again and found out what WT stands for and then recalled my rims are 25.5 inner width. Only planning to run on the front because I still have 3 High Roller II's to go through and they are good on the back but have found the hard ones (not Maxx anything) have been a tad sketchy on the front. Will see how it goes and maybe see if anyone has a 30mm rim or non boost front wheel kicking around. Obviously new bike time but don't have the budget right now.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Ah bugger @moorey, gotta say those RM's seem to have fragile seat stays, thinking back to my mates Altitude that he dropped on some rocks and cracked.

I bought some Dissector 2.6's after seeing how much @Litenbror was railing on his new ones a few weeks back, the ideal tyre for most of Canberra. Then I read the description again and found out what WT stands for and then recalled my rims are 25.5 inner width. Only planning to run on the front because I still have 3 High Roller II's to go through and they are good on the back but have found the hard ones (not Maxx anything) have been a tad sketchy on the front. Will see how it goes and maybe see if anyone has a 30mm rim or non boost front wheel kicking around. Obviously new bike time but don't have the budget right now.
I think I have a 2.6 dissector that isn't wt if you want to swap.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Installed HD security cameras around my house, and decided to include one inside my garage/workshop.

I managed to get them installed on my own without drama. But now my wife has 24/7 HD vision on her phone of what I’m doing in there.
Oh shit... That's defiinitely going to make the old "get a new bike, swap some bits over and hope she doesn't notice" trick a bit diffiult!!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Installed HD security cameras around my house, and decided to include one inside my garage/workshop.

I managed to get them installed on my own without drama. But now my wife has 24/7 HD vision on her phone of what I’m doing in there.
Youtube channel for bike repair and excellent HD footage for the fuckwits thread.

Winning all round.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

Some exploding sealant will fix that problem, and I'm sure you'll notice it and clean it as you're leaving for the night... :D

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Don't worry, the novelty of looking at the cameras on your phone wears off quickly

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
This isn't the first time I've done this, hoping it's not going to become a regular occurrence.

Finish batter, pour it into the tin or piping bag, discover an extra ingredient sitting on the bench, realise it was meant to be included in "the remaining ingredients". It's like when you rebuild a bike and discover spare parts.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This isn't the first time I've done this, hoping it's not going to become a regular occurrence.

Finish batter, pour it into the tin or piping bag, discover an extra ingredient sitting on the bench, realise it was meant to be included in "the remaining ingredients". It's like when you rebuild a bike and discover spare parts.
It can be very difficult to resolve that problem!

cammas

Seamstress
I decided to take out my other bike to the You Yangs today that I had been using on the trainer, the seat was creaking a bit I thought it might be the seat rails. After about 5K’s it feels like the nose of the saddle seams a little high so I get to the top of the next hill I decided to adjust it, it’s a Thompson post so I just back off the back bolt and tighten the front one yes I know what a fuckwit. I hear another creak then crack and the front of my saddle pops up, turns out the creaking wasn’t the rails but the front bolt which is now in two pieces :mad:
Ok I’m not walking back to the car and as we just started I’m not wasting the drive here, so my mate and I start looking at what bolts we can pinch to replace it. No luck so out come the cable ties, three cable ties later I am up and going again we then ride another 40K’s with no issues other than some creaking :rolleyes:
I also noticed when faffing about the top plate for the seatpost was back to front, which may have not helped the situation or may have caused it.
See below for our Macgver trail side repairs, we stopped at the car park so I could trim cable ties