What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
But the true champions were the original Beartrap XT I have had since 1989 !
Hell on shoes and feet tho .

Still run smoothly and true after years .
Need a pair of these eventually for a long term build I'm doing on a 1989 bike, PD-M730's, great pedals.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
It's amazing there is so much love for the Dissector here. Yeah they roll well but in the dry I've found they just don't have the grip of a DHRII especially braking whilst leaning and give little warning of letting go. I've tried twice with this tyre but each time I've had moments on corner entry with the back trying to beat the front when a DHRII wouldn't have so I just can't trust them. I haven't tried them in wet or moist conditions.

A front tyre you say? No fuckin way I say!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's amazing there is so much love for the Dissector here. Yeah they roll well but in the dry I've found they just don't have the grip of a DHRII especially braking whilst leaning and give little warning of letting go. I've tried twice with this tyre but each time I've had moments on corner entry with the back trying to beat the front when a DHRII wouldn't have so I just can't trust them. I haven't tried them in wet or moist conditions.

A front tyre you say? No fuckin way I say!
No they don’t have the outright grip of a dhr, dhf or assegai.
That’s not what I was after though.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
First ride of the year too. CBF driving today so just went for a jaunt along the local Yarra Trails. Surprisingly fun, especially Yarra Flats which resembles the Somme for a large slab of the year, nicely dried out and grippy now though. Some of the huge damage inflicted to some of the trails / surrounds by the increased local traffic during lockdown has abated too which is great to see.

Feeling pretty binned now, but beer helps. Nice to be back on a bike.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode yesterday ....broke a chain ...twice - ran out of speed links .
Walked home with my scooter - Surprisedly it is fast down hills .

Sunday - New chain Day !
Rode 7 Kms before it shit itself , came home , mowed the lawns , dod some gardening - put an old chain on stretched put to .75 + , clean an old cassette , just rode 10 kms of hilly gravel - no skips no jumps .

Are KMC chains better than Shimano - Dura-Ace ?

Coz I'm going back to XT cassettes and Dura - Ace chains

Minlak

custom titis
Rode yesterday ....broke a chain ...twice - ran out of speed links .
Walked home with my scooter - Surprisedly it is fast down hills .

Sunday - New chain Day !
Rode 7 Kms before it shit itself , came home , mowed the lawns , dod some gardening - put an old chain on stretched put to .75 + , clean an old cassette , just rode 10 kms of hilly gravel - no skips no jumps .

Are KMC chains better than Shimano - Dura-Ace ?

Coz I'm going back to XT cassettes and Dura - Ace chains
I prefer KMC chains - but always buy the mid level priced ones never the cheaper ones - but having said that I have never broken a chain Sram Shimano or KMC

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Snapped plenty of KMC jobbers on the ol’ single speedy.
Plenty if shimano chains lasted longer than they should’ve though.

I’m a simple man and just run shimano stuff now.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was a KMC E11 .
So apparently the bestest .
I've broken thru sticks ....but that mangled everything
But this one just would not run clean / or true ?

So currently online spreading ma cash !

Minlak

custom titis
This was a KMC E11 .
So apparently the bestest .
I've broken thru sticks ....but that mangled everything
But this one just would not run clean / or true ?

So currently online spreading ma cash !
I just bought the E12 for a spare when I need to change this one - hope the e-bike stuff is ok

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
We were there on Thursday afternoon, 37 degrees, was so hot but we made it. Crazy. Lots of hills hey
The forecast was 28ish but it sure felt a bit more. No one was gunning it on the way back either.

You have to like pedalling there that is for sure. Will be better next time as I remember a few of the funner features.