What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ooooooo what bike you getting?
Okay ...
i was in a bike shop yesterday - ready to purchase .
but the level of service and GAF was low - and with out sounding like a cock head .
I walked .
This is after spending enough money to buy a nice small car in this shop in the last 3 yrs .
Soo, I'm reinvesting my moneys in some upgrades - new forks , new front wheel .

And will follow up on a motor reasonable priced bike - I'm leaning heavily towards the Giant Trance X .

Will continue to save tho coz 2022 should be a new bike year also .....according to my calendar hahahaha

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Ran into a snag changing some parts over to the NS Soda. I thought it was 135x12 and I have axles and caps for that, but turns out it's 135x10 I dont have caps or axles for 135x10

I found that the soda has these little tabs you can turn around to shorten the wheelbase, and under that that the hole in the frame is 12mm. So I measured and designed and printed some new tabs with a 12mm countersunk hole in one side and a 12mm threaded hole in the other. 135x12 now without wrecking anything on the frame, take that NS!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Threaded directly into PLA? Neat solution but i'd be surprised if it holds up. Everything i've printed for my bikes has broken eventually, and that's not in load bearing or critical areas. Might be worth making it or getting someone to make it out of alu? Looks like it should be straight forward - cut, file, drill, tap?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Threaded directly into PLA? Neat solution but i'd be surprised if it holds up. Everything i've printed for my bikes has broken eventually, and that's not in load bearing or critical areas. Might be worth making it or getting someone to make it out of alu? Looks like it should be straight forward - cut, file, drill, tap?
I missed that in my description. If you look closely, theres a couple of screws in the frame where there used to be grub screws holding the chips in place. They now go through the pla and lock the axle in place so the thread is only pulling it all together initially.

It's not a permanent solution, but it got an axle in a place that had no axle

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Apparently I need to get proficient with using petg. Pla+ is ok, but you're right about it's strength. I've made up cable clips in pla and petg, the pla ones break pretty easy but the petg ones havn't broken yet. Problem is the bloody stuff won't stick to my print bed in bigger prints, always seems to curl up at the edges and then come loose

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Cleaned the wife's bike today and noticed oil sludge around the bottom of the lower fork leg. It's a shitty SR Suntour XCM so no surprises but yet again, the bike industry fucks us over with a dopey straight steerer tube so good luck finding a decent replacement.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cleaned the wife's bike today and noticed oil sludge around the bottom of the lower fork leg. It's a shitty SR Suntour XCM so no surprises but yet again, the bike industry fucks us over with a dopey straight steerer tube so good luck finding a decent replacement.
Don't manitou still make some decent forks with a straight steerer

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes , @fjohn860 !
@HamboCairns - check out cycling deal - they were having a sale last week .

More reasonably priced ..

Manitou .

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
yes , @fjohn860 !
@HamboCairns - check out cycling deal - they were having a sale last week .

More reasonably priced ..

Manitou .
I was pretty sure, as I've been lurking on cyclingdeal looking at them to replace the srsuntour xcm on my wife's bike too