The QUICK question thread.....

moorey

call me Mia
I don't actually lack intelligence, more lacking in patience and common sense .
I have to admit that shimano is a piece of piss to set up.
I have received the goods from @Minlak today so shall endeavour to pist soon.
I'm getting the bakeshop to do a lot of the installation so it should be all good. I will just buy the new one and hope it fits the orange. Cheers for the offer
Sorry, wasn’t suggesting that. I just wasn’t sure how much tinkering and playing you were prepared to do if it didn’t go to plan. I learned the hard way...instructions are for saps.

safreek

Sorry, wasn’t suggesting that. I just wasn’t sure how much tinkering and playing you were prepared to do if it didn’t go to plan. I learned the hard way...instructions are for saps.
Nar man all good. I know you are joking, well, sometimes anyway.
They are for saps as you say. Glad you let me know as I assumed that bb is install and bobs your uncle. No, I am not the sort to tinker around. I like fast and easy

moorey

call me Mia
@safreek Just make sure you fit the dust covers etc. If DS is sloppy, you’ve forgotten the shim thing. If BB is installed and crank won’t insert all the way on DS, you need spacer/s.

Last edited:

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@safreek Just make sure you fit the dust covers etc. If DS is sloppy, you’ve forgotten the shim thing. If BB is installed and crank won’t insert all the way on DS, you need spacer/s.
And if your crack spindle only goes in an inch and stops, you’ve put the NDS cup in the wrong side of the frame.

How I know this is probably a post for confessions thread....
(Of course I’d put both pressfit cups in before realising it)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
@Ultra Lord @pink poodle and other TALL dj riders, am i stupid in thinking i can ride this for short trail rides, with a jacked up seatpost for eg 10km -my wife is now pestering me to buy something for the youngest to ride as he keep’s F’ing with my seatpost, dropping it to min level despite being not very short,i also wouldn’t mind a 26” SS bike to take kayaking, and ride between/around certain non-paddling point

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@Ultra Lord @pink poodle and other TALL dj riders, am i stupid in thinking i can ride this for short trail rides, with a jacked up seatpost for eg 10km -my wife is now pestering me to buy something for the youngest to ride as he keep’s F’ing with my seatpost, dropping it to min level despite being not very short,i also wouldn’t mind a 26” SS bike to take kayaking, and ride between/around certain non-paddling point
View attachment 371836
No. I believe you can do the thing!

Slam the seat, get used to the “crank, crank and coast” style of ride. It’ll be slower, but you’ll get to where you wanna go.
Rest a knee on the seat when not pedalling to conserve energy for all the sweet jumps you’ll be sending on that weapon.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just ride what you brung! I snapped my seat off its post on the dj halfway through a 10km trail ride last weekend and barely noticed the difference. Just use the time for manual practice and for channelling your inner Alberto Contador! Standing is good for hill climbs!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
View attachment 371836

I believe you can learn to DJ, skate park, and smash short gravity trails on it...Fuck trail riding.

It's a great bike for your son.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
View attachment 371836
I've got that sweet frame. I just run it with a Thomson layback post and a 60mm stem. I can't pedal seated but I can still rest on the downhills. If you get a 350mm post and a qr collar you can change the seat height easily enough.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got that sweet frame. I just run it with a Thomson layback post and a 60mm stem. I can't pedal seated but I can still rest on the downhills. If you get a 350mm post and a qr collar you can change the seat height easily enough.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
External dropper?

Daniel Hale

Daniel is a contrarian hipster. He’ll race it on the TDF now.
yep you’ll see me clear a big road gap, F%}# up half way across and land right in the middle of the peloton, taking out 50 or so riders...i’ll never make it out of france, and be will imprisoned on the island of saint helena

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
View attachment 371836
That looks like heaps of fun, I kinda want it.

Daniel Hale

anyone use five 10 sleuth shoes? spitfires have been my favourite for fat feet for years, but they haven't released on in a while. Does the sleuth have a similar shape?
anyone got five ten sleuth, has goes the sizing, i read they are narrower (what i need) and longer than normal sizing, i’d normally go 45, which is their 10.5 - i’m hoping to grab the 44.7, or size 10