ROAR BANSHEE PARADOX V3

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Looks epic. I’m interested in running one at 120mm - any experience in a shorter travel fork? Am after a more XC trail feel and only have a Hardtail Party video to go on, and he loved it.
I had my old 130's on it, and just got the shits with low bb pedal strikes. Much nicer with 140 on it now.

Maybe when moorey sends me some 165 cranks............

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks great mate. Wheels sound like a really nice build. Will be interested in your thoughts on them

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I had my old 130's on it, and just got the shits with low bb pedal strikes. Much nicer with 140 on it now.

Maybe when moorey sends me some 165 cranks............
and pigs might fly...i don’t get why the 2nd shortest guy on here wants to forego 165 cranks in lieu of 170’s?

can you still get the Rev grips?
mtbdirect still have them, the pro version are pretty pricey though rev grips

Scotty675

Cable thief
Couldn’t wait so butchered this up for a ride. Had a good ride but didn’t really feel it today. To many changes so took a bit of getting used to. Tried to make a temp matchmaker to attached shifter but failed so fitted an 11 speed shifter for the day. Gearing was all up the shit to what I’m used to, these cranks had a 36t ring on them and for the bush my legs aren’t what they used to be so had a 28 to throw on, which worked when I didn’t have a granny for the climbs but sucked on the downs cause had to slam so many gears quickly. Cura4s were good but I wish I bedded them in on the hill right near my house before I left instead of doing them on the ride. The back is to much of course and the front has plenty of stopping power but need to be further into the stroke than I’m used to with Shimanos (may have stuffed up the bleed). Fork feels amazing, I set everything to recommend spec and rode it (put 2psi more in main chamber), wheel tyre combo threw me a bit, used to 2.6 Hans up front and 2.35 Nobby Nic on rear, today was 2.35 Nobby Nic on front with a maxis foresaker 2.2 rear. Hopefully have everything to get it as I’m used to but next weekend for a proper shakedown.

Scotty675

Cable thief
can you still get the Rev grips?
As Daniel said MTB direct still sell them. They are expensive but I have a bad hand so will try anything to dampen vibration. For me they help and have a few sets now. If you do buy a set and they are old stock flick me a message as they changed the shock absorbing inserts, I bought a lifetime supply direct from rev grips. They don’t change the performance of the grip but are easier fit when you remove grips.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck I have raw frame envy so bad. I love my Paradox but mustard yellow is a terrible colour.
Check with Keith about getting it stripped and polished / lacquered? If it's upsetting you that much it has to be a consideration? A decent paint shop will know how to remove the mustard and colour it how you like.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was fine until you started showing off how good the raw ones look. It's not like you ever see another one on the trail.
Sorry dude. I must admit now I'm WFH I just go I'm the garage and stare at them from time to time.

I'm just glad I came to my senses when I first started riding it. I didn't like it (too much time on FS bikes) soon realised it's a gem. Just considering running 2.8" 27.5 tyres for extra cush!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're hardly slumming it on that. I hear only good things about the Switchblade. The V3 Prime is supposed to be excellent. My V2 astounds me every single ride. Yes, it's raw. :^)

Scotty675

Cable thief
The switchblade v1 is a brilliant bike(v2 is supposed to be even better), I have no issues with it at all, I just really like ally bikes. The lines on the prime are as sexy as the paradox.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Also because I have black and raw bikes it would be easier to add to the collection and less chance of the Mrs knowing. I really want a banshee trifecta bad at the moment. Raw paradox, raw prime and a black titan. That’s my dream bike cave plus some extras.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If for some reason I don't like the Deviate, I'd go Titan next myself. Raw though, that's just how I like them.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Updated original build spec.
Few changes of late, mezzer pro fork, cura 4 brakes, running galfer 203mm 2mm front rotor, 180mm swiss stop catalyst rear, new wheels are spank vibracore 350 front and spank vibracore 359 rear on tairin shogun hub, running tannus tube front and rear, also trying schwalbe rock razor 2.35 rear tyre.
This think rocks. So happy with it with these updates. Fork is amazing (currently set at 160)it just does everything right for me. Much more mid support than the previous lyric. I’m not using the last 10mm of travel but I’m not touching it for now. Wheels are great, the rear hub was an unknown but has paid off so far, great engagement and quiet now it’s properly lubed up. (@PJO Thanks a million, solid wheel. Will drop this think off for you to play with for a week and see what you recon)
Front was cheaper to buy a complete spank wheel so went that way. Haven’t ridden it enough to comment to much on wheels yet. Definitely sold on tannus inserts, really stiffens up the side walls and I’m already running lower pressures than I ever have tubeless and no tyre roll at all. Solid set of wheels and of course not the lightest but they will last. Brakes I’m not 100% sold on yet but will give them more time. So much more modulation than I’m used to but no doubt about it there is plenty of power there. Swiss stop catalyst rotors are brilliant but I’ve run them before so no surprise there. Galfer will hold judgment till I’ve put a decent amount of k’s on. Seems to be bedding in nicely but time will tell. Will get some race matrix pads when they are back in stock. Overall same as first day I rode it, this thing always puts a smile on my face. Couple of photos I took mid ride