How to jump with flats…?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Great my front tire into the air first go on the pivot, shocked myself foot came off and grabbed my L calf

no vid but I’m still compressing too early, but landings look cleaner on the pivot. Got held up helping local family with water rocket on the oval- they used my trk pump

Minlak

custom titis
Great my front tire into the air first go on the pivot, shocked myself foot came off and grabbed my L calf

no vid but I’m still compressing too early, but landings look cleaner on the pivot. Got held up helping local family with water rocket on the oval- they used my trk pump
View attachment 372448
Just in case you really hurt yourself one day and need to explain it that's your shin - the calf is the other side :) Chicks dig scars anyway

Minlak

custom titis
clearly human anatomy isn’t your strong point, definitely my calf and no - i have no idea how the pedal missed my shin but turned around and bit me in the ass/calf so to speak
How is that your calf with your foot facing forward? - go to the hospital man you have broken your leg

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Slight progression, BD eccentric seems hardest to jump, next brand x ht01, pivot by far easiest
Still not waiting enough till right on takeoff ramp, wore shin guards tonight, foot came off on the pivot w composite plastic pins

anyone know if u can slow footage when uploading to YouTube via app?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
not confident enough to do that yet, my front wheel is still dipping too much
You do have to go slower though. You’re using the speed to avoid having to jump. Works fine on a 3ft speed bump in the park but if you try it on a real jump you’ll die. It’s the reason your front wheel dips - you’re not pulling up at all.

Your son’s point of “practice bunnyhopping up onto the lander” is a good one.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Slight progression, BD eccentric seems hardest to jump, next brand x ht01, pivot by far easiest
Still not waiting enough till right on takeoff ramp, wore shin guards tonight, foot came off on the pivot w composite plastic pins

You're too far forwards on the bike when you leave the jump, angle your feet to the same as the ramp angle while you're on the ramp and let the front wheel climb out at the same angle of the jump, then roll the bike under yourself to suit the lander.

moorey

call me Mia

There’s other apps you can use before uploading.
Agreed you’re going too fast. Relying purely on speed on that little kicker will just buck you up with no preloading.
Try without the lander (just so you don’t nose case), 1/2 that speed, and work on the techniques others have said.
And relax FFS. Should feel nice and smooth up and down, like you’re gently bobbing up and down on a big bunge chord.

Minlak

custom titis
There’s other apps you can use before uploading.
Agreed you’re going too fast. Relying purely on speed on that little kicker will just buck you up with no preloading.
Try without the lander (just so you don’t nose case), 1/2 that speed, and work on the techniques others have said.
And relax FFS. Should feel nice and smooth up and down, like you’re gently bobbing up and down on a big bunge chord.
Hopefully it not a B flat (chord)