What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ace ride this evening. We started at Finns, rode some of the Yarra trails and hit up Candlebark, with my middle riding daughter and her man. They go for it. I love the blood curdling screams from Amy when she hits a drop or major knarley bit... but it doesn't stop her, she always has a go. Totally love riding with her.

I was on the BFe as my Kona has shjt its BB... bumpy on the climbs, spinning over the roots... well compared with Kev, at least... but it Shirley was a lot of fun.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Got out on Sunday with Dave and @Litenbror to take a look at the Capital Kamikaze, got some phone vid of some youngsters on Stage 1 near the bottom of Short and Sharp. Gonna have to do an Enduro.

A guy who I got into MTB in the early 2000's (we knew each other from slot car club) entered in Masters 6 which I believe is 55-59, and won it. Haven't caught up with him for ages but follow him on Strava, he rides a lot and is faster than me or quite close on most stuff. I'm keen to have a go at an Enduro race this year. My class 45-49 is bloody fast.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Washed the Otways Mud off and investigated why it covered itself in damper oil.

Found the where, but not the why.

That's the opening in the top cap where the compression unit passes through. Never been apart before, never had a problem. Only thing I can think of is I've managed to overfill the damper.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Washed the Otways Mud off and investigated why it covered itself in damper oil.

View attachment 372628

Found the where, but not the why.

View attachment 372629

That's the opening in the top cap where the compression unit passes through. Never been apart before, never had a problem. Only thing I can think of is I've managed to overfill the damper.
Perhaps it got altitude sickness.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
My brother in law (ex roady) hasn’t ridden for nearly 5 years, after a near death experience with a tram track and lots of serious broken bones. Anyway his wonderful wife conned him into riding my beach bike (Eric) last weekend... and he is now hankering for a bike. So tonight, with hard garbage happening in our ‘burb, Sue and I went looking for a beach bike for him, and we found this. Wash and scrub, new rim tape and tube in the rear wheel/tyre, tweaked the gears, sorted the rear brake, only need an old school brake cable for the front, and it lives. Gerard the Giant.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Car brakes and bike brakes, while the same, are kinda different. My old Landy used to leak oil directly onto the rotors, and it barely effected the performance. Bike brakes are a little more sensitive.
That said, some people have success using it on bikes. I’d prefer not to do so, when cooking pads and wiping rotors brings them back like new.
*affected

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good to see the government stepping up bush fire management and applying the tried and true back burn. I read about that being real good in the newspaper last year...

Nice pic though and a nice way to start the day. I rode my bike over a bridge that had a full loaded coal train running under it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
#1 sons rim and spokes arrived at lunchtime today.

I built the M502 he already had with the correct length spokes, 2mm Champions :oops: for the 28h Bonty hubs.

Will build the front in the next few days.

He wanted silver spokes, comes home from school saying, 'awesome, silver looks sick'... I'm shaking my head, spokes have been silver since the 1800's, black is relatively new... nope, silver is where its at now apparently (still not for me)

Never built a wheel with Champions before, absolute zero stretch. So much so that my calculated guess with the spoke length could have been 1-2mm longer. 2mm would have nearly bottomed out the DS nicely.