Confessions from the fuckwits

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Its universal language.

We went to Renmark Riverside cvan park about 2011.... mumble fucking mumble.

I had the thongs, shorts (freebaggin) and singlet I drove up in for 10 days.
To be fair, I normally put my gear in the car the night before for exactly this reason. But I'm halfway thru my week on 12 hour days and I'm fucking shagged, couldn't be arsed walking out there. This one's all on me

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Confessing for someone else here, who may be on the forum but I'll not name names.

A little while back a friend of mine asks if I can have a look at her bike, install a new Headset and BB. No worries at all, being a Trek the Headset is just drop in bearings, and the BB press fit. Having had a few PF bikes I've had the tools for many years.

Anyway, my friend never gets back to me, following up I find out that while she was at another friend's place, that friend's dad overhears them talking and, having just received his new bearing press, wants to have a go...

So, the old BB is taken out with a hammer and screwdriver (thankfully the nice, shiny and light OCLV frame survives this abuse) and the new BB is pressed in accordingly...

Couple of weeks later I'm riding with said friend and I remark at the end of the ride how bloody loud her bike was and she agrees and also mentions its been shifting really shit.

Easy as, come over for a beer after the ride, check the bike on the stand and...
It's an oldy but a goody...

20210225_191652_1.jpg

Needless to say the other friend was immediately notified about the fuckwittery and the dad swears blind he'd never do that but, that's the last time the chain was touched... The bike then got the mini overhaul, drivetrain check, new cable, new pads (metal on metal), quick bleed and all the other little things. Had to make a fair use of the beer payment and 20 mins work!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I did that once while rushing a new chain on a fleet bike in the warehouse...in front of the group I was taking out for the day. Then I realised and took the chain off for rerouting...and did it again!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Do I have a doozy...

Whacked the bike up in the stand to start diagnosing an intermittent squeak in the front wheel.

Put my ear to to it and started listening, as I was listening I heard distinct sloshing around and for a moment was worried that it somehow I introduced water into a component after I washed my bike yesterday.

As I started to pull the wheel off, I realised that the sloshing was the sealant...

Anyway. squeak solved. Brake/rotor misalignment. Strange how the sound can vary so much from a clear scraping to a squeak.

moorey

call me Mia
A confession that will surprise no one.....I habitually pick up on other peoples spelling and grammar, but make plenty of my own.....usually in the comment picking them up on theirs. Even perfect people make occasional mistakes.

nathanm

Eats Squid
multiple fuckwittery here -

Saw some 26" wheels on facebook whilst drunk and camping and agreed to buy them upon my return. one wheel was a Mavic Crossmax (I think) which needed "a spoke replaced" and ad said all wheels in good condition.

Picked up said wheels and buyer then showed me that not only were two spokes "missing" but they'd drilled into the rim bed to remove them. Ok no worries I suppose I can just salvage the hub which looks ok. Get the wheel home, flip it over and there are no hub internals, just the bearing/cap on the one side the seller showed me.

The other two wheels are at least usable, XT hubs with some okayish rims but of course one is 20mm so no use to any of my bikes.

So 2 fuckwit's to me and one for the buyer for his shitty listing.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A confession that will surprise no one.....I habitually pick up on other peoples spelling and grammar, but make plenty of my own.....usually in the comment picking them up on theirs. Even perfect people make occasional mistakes.
And you.