Little Things You Love

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How flexy is the frame?
Hard to quantify precisely, but I would say not particularly flexy, but still reasonably compliant. It absorbs "buzz" very well, and doesn't have that "smooth until it suddenly runs out of give" carbon feel, but doesn't bend or flex unnecessarily. Sort of like a tauter steel frame but slightly lighter. It is spec'd with Marzocchi Z1 (the thick stanchion version of a Fox 36), carbon rims, a DH-spec alloy handlebar, so the frame compliance is definitely noticeable and appreciated as a harsh-riding frame with that gear would be pretty brutal. @wkkie has taken it for a brief pedal along a bit of fireroad, and mentioned it was stiffer than his Marino steel hardtail with very similar componentry. Terrain and desired feel would determine whether that's a good thing or not...

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So much of this shock engineering goes over my head, but it's interesting stuff.

I see Dougal still pushing for dirt. But I agree, Darren's answers are solid. Tough, because he may (or may not) have data and specs that proves things. But doesn't want to give away any secret sauce they might see as a competitive advantage against other manufacturers.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rode yesterday. Big ride. Two fairly large stacks (one down to stupidity, another after absolutely taking the piss re line choice). Bike seemingly totally fine, forearms have some nice new shapes and colours but one kneepad threw itself on a grenade (rock) and saved my knee / leg completely, getting ripped to shreds in the process. Thanks Troy Lee, you make good things.

Love being able to push beyond your limits and not getting overly punished for it. Great way to learn. To cap it all off, the rain held for just long enough until we had the last run down to the car. Beers and Burger things at Jetty Road Brewery afterwards. Top day.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Seems to have been a bit of a storm over Push‘s 11-6 shock and some posts have been removed and some still digging for dirt but Darren from Push responses I think are well written, no blame laid on anyone and facts stated. Whether or not there was an issue that is a great way to respond unlike some other manufacturers.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/push-elevensix-v2-2020.1131025/page-16
Mtbr is just a stinking swamp of stupidity. Half the info is plain wrong and the other half is fucking wrong. Full credit to Push for engaging with the audience, but given that 95% of the audience are clueless homers they have more to lose than gain from engaging.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Also when person A says something uncomplimentary about something person B likes / owns and nuclear level butthurt ensues.
Free entertainment for the hordes. Getting dragged into the whirlpool of arguing about grey fuzzy things like suspension tuning, which is pretty subjective at best, has to be a great way to suck away your time with little gain.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Fark ! its cheap as chips to get to Tassie at the moment.

If I lived in Melbourne, I'd have booked this, depart 29/3 return 6/4, both day crossings.

6 full days riding and this is taking 2 kids.

View attachment 372891

No kids, pack a swag and your bike... $290 return :oops:

View attachment 372892
We snavelled our tickets when they were desperately reopening. $79/ person, $89 for the van. We're about 2/3 of the way through our 2 1/2 weeks here, and I can still afford beer and snacks. Vanlife rules. We also scored some free Derby accommodation over the hectic long weekend, which was so much better than mixing it with the great unwashed.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nothing wrong with challenging industry manufacturers on their engineering processes and designs, Dougal on there is probably one of the more experienced suspension mechs worldwide.

Oddjob

Nothing wrong with challenging industry manufacturers on their engineering processes and designs, Dougal on there is probably one of the more experienced suspension mechs worldwide.
No doubt, but Dougal is a 0.5 carat diamond buried at the bottom of a stinking sewerage plant.

Also how the fuck does NZ get Dougal as a Manitou distro and we get Cyclingdeal? C'mon Linksports, get us some real support and some Maras.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No doubt, but Dougal is a 0.5 carat diamond buried at the bottom of a stinking sewerage plant.

Also how the fuck does NZ get Dougal as a Manitou distro and we get Cyclingdeal? C'mon Linksports, get us some real support and some Maras.

You'd be surprised at how many industry reps and engineers are on there under a different guise, certainly more informative over this place for in-depth technical information, you barely get a boo on here from industry reps, only time you see them is when someone puts their business down and staff or a member contact the business involved. Australia is just small fish in terms of the MTB industry.

Oddjob

You'd be surprised at how many industry reps and engineers are on there under a different guise, certainly more informative over this place for in-depth technical information, you barely get a boo on here from industry reps, only time you see them is when someone puts their business down and staff or a member contact the business involved. Australia is just small fish in terms of the MTB industry.
That's the 5% that aren't clueless homers. But given that this 5% are the same cynical fucktards who gave us boost, superboost, metric shocks, 35mm handlebars etc etc etc I'll hang onto my scepticism thanks.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's the 5% that aren't clueless homers. But given that this 5% are the same cynical fucktards who gave us boost, superboost, metric shocks, 35mm handlebars etc etc etc I'll hang onto my scepticism thanks.

You've got to sift through the poo no doubt but sometimes it also forces the truth out of people too. Nobody is forcing you to buy all the new fads, I'm still on old frames and can pretty much match most speeds of people on current model frames. Upselling is what keeps the industry wheels turning unfortunately, more profits, more money for engineering and cheaper manufacturing processes.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep. Just look at all the pro riders on 'sub optimal' equipment according to the keyboard warriors. But no catching them on the trails!
Pro's count the Milliseconds, it can be the difference between a win or a loss on the world downhill stage, old mortals like me count the seconds or maybe minutes;).
The range of bikes you can buy these days is great, one of the best times to live I reckon. Suspension tech, weight and materials hasn't really gone backwards over the years unless you love stuff like hard polymer bushes in your forks. I vaguely remember the old steel spokes that used to snap all the time.