Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Last half dozen times ive come down skyline and onto the bridge there has not been anyone stopped there and I could drop off into the luge at full pelt - all those times ive abused fuckwits stopped there must have worked!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Slowly getting back into it, was riding Stromlo on Sunday morning with a mate. Coming down Skyline, my mate (who can actually ride, as opposed to me) had bolted off into the distance. On a pretty fast section of trail I come up behind a girl that was going at about 2/3 of my speed, obviously less experienced, all good. I don't go right up her back wheel, I give her the opportunity to work out I'm behind her and for her to take her time to find a safe spot to get out of the way. If that didn't happen, I would call out that I'd like to come past when safe to do so.

After a decent amount of time, as I was about to get her attention, on a fairly fast and narrow piece of trail she just locks her brakes and half pulls to the side. I'm of course taking drastic action not to hit her whilst reflexively saying something like "Holy shit, what are you doing". She responds with, "Well don't ride right up my arse then". My shocked response was something like "I fucking wasn't, etc. etc." as I rode off.

I get down the bottom of the trail, find my mate only to learn that she'd done the exact same thing to him. This pea brain couldn't work out that if we were right up her arse, we would have collided with her. It was precisely that we were not riding carelessly that we were able to avoid a collision.

If this was you (or your partner where you can pass on), put your head in the toilet, flush it a couple of times to was all the shit out from between your ears and have another think about how you ride on the trails, you idiot.
Was she hot?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I had someone sitting right on my back wheel last week when i was coming home from work on the roadie. I didnt even know he was there. Im fine with someone wanting to tuck in and get a tow, but ffs let me know youre there first!

I jumped a bit when i noticed him there and told him he should make his presence known - he abused me... wtf?
Bloody roadies.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
About 15 little shredders decided to push up a narrow section of Flow trail at Eatons today. A place where you generally have to haul arse and be committed at all times ready for the next feature and these fuckers are pushing up and taking up the entire trail with blind corners everywhere. I was lucky (and so was the first guy in line) that’s i came upon them on one of the very few straight sections and had enough time to slow down.

Needless to say i was pretty shirty about it… Couldn’t quite translate that into verbal language though and ended up making noises like “guys, f… wha… this is not… what the f… gnrha…’

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
About 15 little shredders decided to push up a narrow section of Flow trail at Eatons today. A place where you generally have to haul arse and be committed at all times ready for the next feature and these fuckers are pushing up and taking up the entire trail with blind corners everywhere. I was lucky (and so was the first guy in line) that’s i came upon them on one of the very few straight sections and had enough time to slow down.

Needless to say i was pretty shirty about it… Couldn’t quite translate that into verbal language though and ended up making noises like “guys, f… wha… this is not… what the f… gnrha…’

Kids be like "that old guy was so old .... What a Karen." so facts and education likely a waste.

imax

Likes Bikes
STOP WTF. Roll up behind someone going with the flow and recovering for the attack manover when they realise you're behind them, "DO NOT STOP" we will call it, last thing I want is some kid pulling over and getting bitten by a snake in the long grass with me tumbling over the bars.

smaj

Likes Dirt
A couple of recent run-ins at Stromlo. The first was at the top of Bluetongue, a mum and two young kids exited the trail, I (politely) told them it was for MTB only, after which I got a serve from the mum about how she was entitled to walk up them as "she lived around the area" and "she wasn't getting in the way." She then stomped off up Heart Breaker.

Then a day later, was waiting at the bench at the top of Double Dissolution and saw some hikers exiting the wrong way. Most likely they'd used it as a short cut from the Uriarra Rd carpark. I gave them a bit of evil eye but kept my mouth shut, after my run in with Karen the day before.