Formula One world championship

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
3 corners...

Norris was quick, Daniel struggled. I think Red Bull and Merc then Alpha Tauri, Ferrari and McLaren. Hard to tell though, this race has no technical slow speed stuff.

Red Bull strategy was odd.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
is that a piss take?
no. paid one time fee 20 euro maybe around 2019. still have access to fullHD stream today. can also select any in car video feeds while the race is live etc
before 2019 it was free with some dropouts here and there on live ITV stream then to skysports

gillyske

Likes Dirt
5 corners? 6? His performance in qualifying made me wonder if we have the next Maldonado.

How was Mclaren's pace in comparison to RBR / Mercedes? Potential for any wins this year?
Well Norris was about 45 seconds off of the top 2 so not really no. They'll fight for podiums maybe but Perez started from the pits due to a mechanical so I reckon it would have been 1-4 rbr/merc if perez didn't get a mechanical.
What is interesting is Gasly in the alpha was actually on pace for 4th - 5th, who knows what would have happened if he had stayed in.
Outside of the merc/rbr the mid field looks really evenly matched. Ferrari, AT, Mclaren maybe alpine and Aston will give some really good racing.

Verstappen to win this year if Perez can help him.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Outside of the merc/rbr the mid field looks really evenly matched. Ferrari, AT, Mclaren maybe alpine and Aston will give some really good racing.
Aston were strong last year having cloned the 2019 Merc. I think this year will show they don't have what it takes to develop the concept, particularly as they didn't come up with it. Money isn't the answer to everything.

Alpine just don't look like they have what it takes, they seem a little dysfunctional. I think Dan made the right choice getting out, particularly with all the upper level personnel changes over the off season.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Honda looked really promising in testing and even more so in Bahrain. Gasly might score another win if he's fortunate enough.

Agreed re Alpine; only results they're going to get is by whatever points position Alonso can muscle one into based on current form. Pity.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah but Norris isn't slow, I reckon we got a good overview of what Mclaren's pace will be this season.
Wait for a technical track but I tend to agree. I see AT stealing a win this season. With Perez up front no one leading is safe...

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i love the irony of pit lane being closed when schumacher's wing blocked the exit so schumacher cannot pit for a new front wing. that start was crazy, cannot imagine the mindset to drive that fast being able to see absolutely nothing in the spray

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Checo P2 for tonight. Fkn fuck yeah haters.
It's just so tempting......

Fine, I won't be a dick. Great race. Not sure what Bottas was doing, Mercedes aren't going to win any constructors championships if he drives like that. Hamilton's throttle control getting out of that gravel trap was impressive.