Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I hate gravel rash... even a small spot.

There's a medicated petroleum jelly called Bag Balm, it's good shit to stop it crusting over and getting infected. The sting and itch as its healing, not pleasant at all :mad:

Minlak

custom titis
I hate gravel rash... even a small spot.

There's a medicated petroleum jelly called Bag Balm, it's good shit to stop it crusting over and getting infected. The sting and itch as its healing, not pleasant at all :mad:
I have this stuff on - forget the name of it but it stays on there and peals away as it heals - stops the burning itchy feeling as not exposed to air - you can shower with it on and all

moorey

call me Mia
The (lack of) value in ebikes.
Quinn has been riding the ugly ex demo shitter I bought for the wife in lockdown to get her out riding. She hasn't touched it, but it's been great for Quinn to get out and do big rides with Felix and I. She loved the 50km XC race she did on it on the weekend. Even though DH is always going to be her passion, I reckon I can get her into Gravity Enduros on one if she's not having to pedal up acoustically (she could in time, but I know she won 't)
Wifey is supportive of her riding, and theoretically potentially not fully against an e-upgrade, so I dropped in to LBS this morning.

I'm sure you'll all say 'well duh!', but having never actually looked at them, cuss me, you get utter shite for the money. Something basic in Spesh (being what they stock), but with a battery big enough to get through a race starts at $9k....with NX gear and TK silver fork....and weighs about 67kg in the basic Levo, and only 29 unless you opt for the 180mm Kenevo..... Turbo Levo SL looked more like something she'd like to ride but only having something like 300Wh battery won't cut it for most races.....and it's well overpriced for the spec. I'm sure there's better value brands out there, but had been hoping to go through LBS.

Yelling into the void here. I have zero interest in researching and learning more about them, but I'm going to have to at some stage....or risk buying used....where the prices aren't far off new anyway. Can't see anything improving with the high demand and low stock.

Rant over. You either already know this, or don't want to know this. Won't someone think of the children?

moorey

call me Mia
Girls are bloody expensive, even more than boys... next thing she'll be looking a V10 in blue :oops:
That’s already gone in the back burner until Covid settles and they drop in price...if ever.
I’ll find her a larger basic 27.5 frame out of my Scout money and chuck all my spare parts on. Voila!, ‘new bike’ for sweet FA.
eBike would be a home fund purchase if endorsed by the minister. But she isn’t going to play ball with those sorts of numbers.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That’s already gone in the back burner until Covid settles and they drop in price...if ever.
I’ll find her a larger basic 27.5 frame out of my Scout money and chuck all my spare parts on. Voila!, ‘new bike’ for sweet FA.
eBike would be a home fund purchase if endorsed by the minister. But she isn’t going to play ball with those sorts of numbers.
Advert popped up on Bike-Rumour for the new Shimano e-bike drivetrain, it read like... fed up breaking your e-bike drivetrain, new Shimano blah blah xxxxxx 300% stronger.

E-bikes are a ridiculous price.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The (lack of) value in ebikes.
Quinn has been riding the ugly ex demo shitter I bought for the wife in lockdown to get her out riding. She hasn't touched it, but it's been great for Quinn to get out and do big rides with Felix and I. She loved the 50km XC race she did on it on the weekend. Even though DH is always going to be her passion, I reckon I can get her into Gravity Enduros on one if she's not having to pedal up acoustically (she could in time, but I know she won 't)
Wifey is supportive of her riding, and theoretically potentially not fully against an e-upgrade, so I dropped in to LBS this morning.

I'm sure you'll all say 'well duh!', but having never actually looked at them, cuss me, you get utter shite for the money. Something basic in Spesh (being what they stock), but with a battery big enough to get through a race starts at $9k....with NX gear and TK silver fork....and weighs about 67kg in the basic Levo, and only 29 unless you opt for the 180mm Kenevo..... Turbo Levo SL looked more like something she'd like to ride but only having something like 300Wh battery won't cut it for most races.....and it's well overpriced for the spec. I'm sure there's better value brands out there, but had been hoping to go through LBS.

Yelling into the void here. I have zero interest in researching and learning more about them, but I'm going to have to at some stage....or risk buying used....where the prices aren't far off new anyway. Can't see anything improving with the high demand and low stock.

Rant over. You either already know this, or don't want to know this. Won't someone think of the children?
Sorry but 'acoustically'? Do you get pushed up by fucking sound waves?

moorey

call me Mia
Quick comparison of spec v price v power looks like it puts the Norco in good form. 630wh battery, Fox 36 and GX, no Alloy in the country, but the C1 is still cheaper than low end Spesh.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Advert popped up on Bike-Rumour for the new Shimano e-bike drivetrain, it read like... fed up breaking your e-bike drivetrain, new Shimano blah blah xxxxxx 300% stronger.

E-bikes are a ridiculous price.
That stuff is meant to be released in May LBS has Shimano stock in Aus from August - it’s no more expensive than current 11spd the chains will actually be long enough for E-Bikes current 11spd is 118 links (ebikes normally need around 122) I had to use 2 x joiners and 2 x 11 spd chains to fit my Giant E-Bike. And the XT shifters will be EV compatible so looking forward to the new stuff.