Bargain buys thread

Flow-Rider

Burner
I lucked 2 sets off eBay a while a go for $210. I did link them at one stage but they have all sold out. They are 100% genuine.
They may be but no guarantee with Ali express
I know all too well, its the chance we take with AE.
Only Shimano have the tech and tools to make hollow tech arms, if they're a one piece forged arm (like below), they're fake or a lesser groupo.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Only Shimano have the tech and tools to make hollow tech arms, if they're a once piece forged arm (like below), they're fake or a lesser groupo.
Thats exactly what the Deore M6100 cranks that are on my Spur currently look like.

The fact that the seller weighs the cranks and chainring at 590g complete is a dispute worthy fact.... I'm still thinking about it.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Are you happy with them?

My Fuglies just fell apart so I'm on the lookout for a pair of MTB sunnies.

I don't need too much shade, more for eye protection. I'd love photochromic but it's probably cheaper to buy two pairs!
They’re very practical and comfy. Not my choice of styling but great vision and photochromic lense

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Only Shimano have the tech and tools to make hollow tech arms, if they're a one piece forged arm (like below), they're fake or a lesser groupo.
The pictures also show a Hollowtech looking crank, can be disputed quite easily and AE are on to the bullshit, they know it goes on but if you have decent proof, they will refund without posting the item back.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The pictures also show a Hollowtech looking crank, can be disputed quite easily and AE are on to the bullshit, they know it goes on but if you have decent proof, they will refund without posting the item back.

The pricks can post fake pictures sometimes but look at how old the store is, the chumps that want to scam people usually only go for about a few months and then close up before everyone claims a refund, the stores that are over 2 years old and have many reviews are usually the better stores.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The pricks can post fake pictures sometimes but look at how old the store is, the chumps that want to scam people usually only go for about a few months and then close up before everyone claims a refund, the stores that are over 2 years old and have many reviews are usually the better stores.
Filter for 4 star ratings and up and sort by the number of orders they have done.

It might not be the cheapest overall but a part of AE shopping is risk management.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
GooGle it.

Bolle call them Modulator lenses.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Ah found them! They're just listed as 'm/mod'.

The two I like are -

B Rock Pro with Rose Mod lenses

6th Sense with Brown Emerald Mod lenses

The B Rock are still in production but they look like a large fit which might not suite my small head.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Ah found them! They're just listed as 'm/mod'.

The two I like are -
But these will match the new chainring...
As for size, these are riding not fashion sunnies, together with the helmet it's not really gonna make a huge difference...

Perfect colour for you too Hambo

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I want to buy something from AliExpress, just not sure what yet! New brakes maybe?
ooh, picked up a deore 4 pot from a canberra seller last week for just 40, he even gave me postage for 6? thought it might have been a rip off but it’s in great condiiton, barely used and near new pads

PS @ozzybmx forget the 175 cranks, science has moved past this size to 165/170, start sending some nudes [on oven] to youknowwho for a pair of his [bruised ass shot might get you over the line]