What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
took it out for some breakfast backies.
Frenchys ZEB U-toob review: CLIMBS LIKE A GOAT, DESCENDS LIKE A MONSTER TRUCK, STIFF LIKE MOOREY FOR VALI etc Don't forget to like comment and subscribe! YEWWWWWWWWW
Seriously, it’s a top of the range fork it goes up an down. makes flow trails extra smooth.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went for the ride to test out my new wheels.
Got really muddy, had to make a few detours. Never got to test them on actual singletrail haha.
How's this for carnage... Looks like the "controlled" burning they did that burned way up the trunks and left the whole hillside scorched also left nothing to stabilise the ground, deal with heavy rainfall, or slow the wind. :(

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How's this for carnage... Looks like the "controlled" burning they did that burned way up the trunks and left the whole hillside scorched also left nothing to stabilise the ground, deal with heavy rainfall, or slow the wind. :(

View attachment 376479
Yep its F##ked, RIP Silvan trails. :(
Going to be a massive task to get them running again, but they'll get there in the end.

@CHEWY you had a sticky beak yet?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Finally did a lowers service on these old bad boys. For some reason I had a NOS packet of the appropriate seals, which was convenient given the seals were perished and crush washers were...crushed...
I almost earned myself a trip to the Fwits thread when I nearly forgot to put the foam rings in before reinstalling the lowers.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Got flattened where they didn't burn as well
Yeah sorry didn’t mean that was the only reason, did read it back after and noticed it sounded like that my bad. Devastation all over the mountain makes clear it was a phenomenal weather event. Hope you guys over there are all okay.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Yeah sorry didn’t mean that was the only reason, did read it back after and noticed it sounded like that my bad. Devastation all over the mountain makes clear it was a phenomenal weather event. Hope you guys over there are all okay.
Yea just strong wind and soaked ground I guess. We are ok, just wont get power back till later this week. 1km up the road where it is more exposed really copped it.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Revisited Sunbury MTB trails...I rode it when things started off there during the first Melbourne lockdown about a year ago and didn't think too much of it... Locals have been busy building with all the lockdowns and it's actually pretty good now. 3 fast rocky descents with some fun stuff thrown in for good measure. It's only a small hill (1min - 1:30 tracks) but it's definitely worth a look...

Last edited: