The boxed hard tail of Waltly.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Was the gearbox mount an option they already had or did you have to coach them through it?
Looks awesome!
That's an option they had already. I just gave them all the geometry as normal and they slapped the mount in there.

wkkie

Might need to enlist some external help...

I think a good green is pretty hard to get with that process from memory.

I'll keep it raw and finger printed for now.

Any suggestions on what to use to give it a polish or some kind of coating? Just looking at this thing puts marks on it!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The worst green bikes have ever known!
It's not great is it. My Mojo has very similar green "accents" (deserve to be punched for that) and a lot of the time I find them hard to look at.

Interestingly though out in the nature and when riding the putrid green works much better - in photos it looks great. There was something similar going on with a snot / baby cack green Hightower LT from a few years ago as well. Looked terrible, but out in the bush it looked great too.

Green will forever remain an absolute bastard to component colour match though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Any suggestions on what to use to give it a polish or some kind of coating? Just looking at this thing puts marks on it!
Good old fashion mountain dust, lol.

wkkie

It's not great is it. My Mojo has very similar green "accents" (deserve to be punched for that) and a lot of the time I find them hard to look at.

Interestingly though out in the nature and when riding the putrid green works much better - in photos it looks great. There was something similar going on with a snot / baby cack green Hightower LT from a few years ago as well. Looked terrible, but out in the bush it looked great too.

Green will forever remain an absolute bastard to component colour match though.
One of my previous greened up bikes, I went the total opposite of trying to colour match, I went with all the possible green shades I could find.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Autosol followed by helicopter tape.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That sounds like a lot of work (especially the tape part!). For now I think I'll just stick to @beeb idea. Thanks though. :)
All my Lynskeys have the brushed finish rather than the more polished finish of your bike so they don't tend to show fingerprints so much. But I still helicopter tape them anyway to protect them and once you use silicon spray to polish the frame after a wash the dirt just falls off.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Jealous as hell! Following, keep us updated on how the pinion goes. Next bike of mine likely to be belt and pinion.