Bargain buys thread

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Sounds like an emergency option only. I’m really not keen on the idea of the sealant going in via the valve with it still in place. That’s a recipe for clogging.
Craig, take the valve core out, then inject the sealant. I have done this a number of times with Stans and a large syringe with tube (Stans branded) that fits over the outside of the valve. much less messy than trying to seat the frikken tyre bead while stans sealant is slopping around. (remember to seat the tyre bead properly first, then deflate tyre, then remove valve core to inject goop, etc etc then re-inflate)
I've never had a problem with clogging.

moorey

call me Mia
Craig, take the valve core out, then inject the sealant. I have done this a number of times with Stans and a large syringe with tube (Stans branded) that fits over the outside of the valve. much less messy than trying to seat the frikken tyre bead while stans sealant is slopping around. (remember to seat the tyre bead properly first, then deflate tyre, then remove valve core to inject goop, etc etc then re-inflate)
I've never had a problem with clogging.

View attachment 376611
Did you read the instructions for that one? I’ll wait.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Sounds like an emergency option only. I’m really not keen on the idea of the sealant going in via the valve with it still in place. That’s a recipe for clogging.
I hear you, but I reckon I'll grab a couple as an experiment for emergencies like you say.

moorey

call me Mia
I hear you, but I reckon I'll grab a couple as an experiment for emergencies like you say.
I’d just be replacing valve later.

Personally, I’ve found sealant that works and sealant that doesn’t. I don’t know where that one falls, but I like knowing mine does

DMan

I’d just be replacing valve later.

Personally, I’ve found sealant that works and sealant that doesn’t. I don’t know where that one falls, but I like knowing mine does
I read a couple of reviews and they were favourable. As an emergency option they sound good. Good for someone like my wife so she might not need to use plugs

moorey

call me Mia
I read a couple of reviews and they were favourable. As an emergency option they sound good. Good for someone like my wife so she might not need to use plugs
How would it negate the need for plugs? If it’s thin and smooth enough to go through a bees dick presta, it’s not sealing much of a hole…particularly the 6mm they claim. Just not happening.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
How would it negate the need for plugs? If it’s thin and smooth enough to go through a bees dick presta, it’s not sealing much of a hole…particularly the 6mm they claim. Just not happening.
It's basically expanding foam for bike tyres from my read, the Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex aerosol version is similar. That said, the one time I tried to use that was on my road bike years ago and it didn't distribute around the tyre at all, just filled up the tyre near the valve and didn't get anywhere near the hole which was at about a 5 o'clock position... So I wouldn't be trying this one either.

moorey

call me Mia
It's basically expanding foam for bike tyres from my read, the Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex aerosol version is similar. That said, the one time I tried to use that was on my road bike years ago and it didn't distribute around the tyre at all, just filled up the tyre near the valve and didn't get anywhere near the hole which was at about a 5 o'clock position... So I wouldn't be trying this one either.
I tried the cafelattex on a non off-road bike. It went frothy AF, but wouldn’t seal a tiny hole in Felix’s school commuter.

DMan

I tried the cafelattex on a non off-road bike. It went frothy AF, but wouldn’t seal a tiny hole in Felix’s school commuter.
yes, yes but it will be different for me I'm sure. It's going to be perfect in my fantasy world so just don't rock the boat ok.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Everyone seems to have missed the fact that it's a tube repair sealant. It's only meant to be used with inner tubes.
That's what I thought, too, then I decided I'd actually read the listing before being a jerk for once:

Features:
  • Repair effective on up to 6mm perforation.
  • Adds air and sealant (may need top up with pump)
  • Works on standard or tubeless tyres.
  • Presta valve tubes