Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You should be asking the question of how we solve this problem:

In the meantime, the high emitters should stop breeding. Or not emit...but good luck with that!

Again, the biggest emissions reduction technique a high emissions country individual can do is not breed. Population of affluent people is the current concern…not just population. Not sure how else to put this.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You should be asking the question of how we solve this problem:

View attachment 377987

In the meantime, the high emitters should stop breeding. Or not emit...but good luck with that!

Again, the biggest emissions reduction technique a high emissions country individual can do is not breed. Population of affluent people is the current concern…not just population. Not sure how else to put this.
Licenses for children. Everywhere.

Also, dismantle the Catholic church.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Let ebola run wild!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The next one will have that covered. Ebola like symptoms, with covid transmissibility.

We are already seeing a lot of population decline, with low birth rates. Unfortunately, most of this is due to self absorbed insta's who want to live their best life, and probably output 20x+ the co2 that I manage.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
salvage it through technologies such as nuclear fusion, smarter, more efficient means of agriculture and geo-engineering.
How about renewable energy, lower consumption, less intesive agriculture. Technology that exists. Nuclear fusion etc. are pipedreams for Business as Usual that will just never work, like CCS:

The Climate Council said:
"The world's largest carbon capture and storage (CCS) facility, Chevron's Gorgon gas plant in Western Australia, has failed on its five year promise to capture and store 80% of its emissions. The exact figures are yet to be released, but the failure equates to millions of tonnes of CO2, which, if held to account by the WA Government, is equivalent to a carbon credit bill of $100 million.

“Over the past decade, the costs of renewable energy like wind and solar have plummeted," says Climate Council’s Senior Researcher, Tim Baxter. "Over the same period, CCS has remained extremely expensive. There are still no projects operating anywhere in the world that have delivered CCS on time, on budget, or in the quantities promised."

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The issue is the migration flows from 'less well off' peopel towards countries that are more 'affluent' (in your words). Australia is a good example, population growth technically negative if not for the mass immigration prior to covid. The kicker is that we are one of the highest per capita emitters. Not an easy problem to solve.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Better education, better women's rights and better healthcare - for the third world.

If we can strive to improve these countries without invading or taking advantage of them, the population would be far more sustainable.

Also, products like shampoo, conditioner, hand sanitiser etc should be dispensed into refillable bottles - why the fuck do we have 10 brands of the same shit, all packaged in plastic which are then discarded?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
“Over the past decade, the costs of renewable energy like wind and solar have plummeted," says Climate Council’s Senior Researcher, Tim Baxter. "Over the same period, CCS has remained extremely expensive. There are still no projects operating anywhere in the world that have delivered CCS on time, on budget, or in the quantities promised."

But it won't stop corrupt, inbred governments from signing up many more companies to exactly the same bullshit and pretending they are fighting the good fight.
Wankers.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Better education, better women's rights and better healthcare - for the third world.

If we can strive to improve these countries without invading or taking advantage of them, the population would be far more sustainable.

Also, products like shampoo, conditioner, hand sanitiser etc should be dispensed into refillable bottles - why the fuck do we have 10 brands of the same shit, all packaged in plastic which are then discarded?
Education and family planning services in developing countries is some of the best bang for buck emissions mitigation around.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I actually thought of this a while ago, if they made like 2 piece plastic bottles, you could unscrew the large diameter of the bottle and make it easy to clean out for multiple use, but it still doesn't solve the water bottle problem, as plastic gets old it breaks down into micro-plastic and that's not too good for you.

HamboCairns

I actually thought of this a while ago, if they made like 2 piece plastic bottles, you could unscrew the large diameter of the bottle and make it easy to clean out for multiple use, but it still doesn't solve the water bottle problem, as plastic gets old it breaks down into micro-plastic and that's not too good for you.
Water bottles should be like single use plastic bags. If you forgot to bring your metal/insulated one, then buy a new one.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Water bottles should be like single use plastic bags. If you forgot to bring your metal/insulated one, then buy a new one.
You can reuse water bottles, there's something like a 2 year life expectancy before they start breaking down, but you got to keep them out of the sunlight. The amount of plastic water bottles I see thrown out on the road around here is fairly bad.

HamboCairns

You can reuse water bottles, there's something like a 2 year life expectancy before they start breaking down, but you got to keep them out of the sunlight. The amount of plastic water bottles I see thrown out on the road around here is fairly bad.
That's why I said metal ones.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
How about renewable energy, lower consumption, less intesive agriculture. Technology that exists. Nuclear fusion etc. are pipedreams for Business as Usual that will just never work, like CCS:
Theyre stopgap technologies and worthy of investment in the short term but far too inefficient for the long-term future of humanity.

Fusion exists. We are literally surrounded by examples of it 24/7. Just because we haven’t mastered it yet doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep trying

I feel like we’re the equivalent of people standing around in the mid-19th century surrounded by birds who are taunting us with flight and I dare say they’d have been people back then going “We’ve got steam trains that can move just about anything, you daft fuckers. Why in the hell would you want to waste your time trying to fly?”

Those unimaginative cunts are in the Liberal Party now. Don’t be like them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's why I said metal ones.
I agree, avoid single use if possible but whats I'm tryinn to tells ya is, there's no need for people to throw them out for the heck of throwing them out, reuse plastic bottles or repurpose if you can, just don't do it long term if you're drinking out of them. I picked up a plastic water bottle off the side of the road the other day and cut the top off and used it as my paint tin, cleaned it out and still have it now for another day :) .