Fork upgrade

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Thanks @beeb some good food for thought. Will give it a go on the Waltly and if I don't like it, at the price I'm paying, can move it on for minimal loss.
Again, I was probably a worst case scenario user. I was running a 130mm travel Fox 34 (on a slightly too short bike) at my weight and riding aggressively (with limited skill).

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Again, I was probably a worst case scenario user. I was running a 130mm travel Fox 34 (on a slightly too short bike) at my weight and riding aggressively (with limited skill).
The one I have ordered is 140mm and I like to ride relatively aggressively so hopefully it isn't too flexi.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The one I have ordered is 140mm and I like to ride relatively aggressively so hopefully it isn't too flexi.
Probably be okay. I'm talking minor differences, it can be felt if you run them back to back, but doesn't really change what you can ride - it's just different flavours on levels of confidence when it gets chunky.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Probably be okay. I'm talking minor differences, it can be felt if you run them back to back, but doesn't really change what you can ride - it's just different flavours on levels of confidence when it gets chunky.
I suspect it will be a big change from the Durolux will have to see if I like it.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Interesting about the stiffness, is that from personal experience or reviews? I'm looking at putting them on the Waltly as they are almost half a kg lighter than the durolux and I had good experiences with the rhythm I used to have.
I have the F34 Performance Elite / FIT4 forks on the Trance set at 130mm and the stiffness is just fine. They will be flexier than the durolux but if you're running proper offroad tyre pressures I think the slight increase in flex will be hard to tell.