Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I guess my question is, are you doing ZA because it's a structured workout program, or to get a Strava/Zwift badge that says you finished it? I haven't "joined" ZA but all the workouts/rides are available as events etc still... Just don't do the annoying group rides and do everything else, and get the same benefit and less time spent being grumpy :)

Edit: sorry I forgot the digital kit, too... Obviously that bit is important :p
I didn't know anything about it. I'm new to zwift, was 2 weeks through my first, 3 week ftp builder, and thought doing it in-between would surely help.

13% increase in my ftp so far.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I didn't know anything about it. I'm new to zwift, was 2 weeks through my first, 3 week ftp builder, and thought doing it in-between would surely help.

13% increase in my ftp so far.
Sorry, I'm new to Zwift also and didn't know anything about ZA - the workouts are definitely good (and tough), I've done a couple so far and will do the others before the program ends. I'm just questioning why you would persist with the group rides that give you the shits when not doing them doesn't stop you doing the rest of the program - unless you really want the e-kit?

13% is great, have you tried a 20min FTP or ramp test yet?

rockmoose

Sorry, I'm new to Zwift also and didn't know anything about ZA - the workouts are definitely good (and tough), I've done a couple so far and will do the others before the program ends. I'm just questioning why you would persist with the group rides that give you the shits when not doing them doesn't stop you doing the rest of the program - unless you really want the e-kit?

13% is great, have you tried a 20min FTP or ramp test yet?
The kit is shit and I won't wear it. I just like the idea of completion.

I'll do other workouts, like The Gorby and SST mid, while I wait. Then I'll go and finish off my ftp program. That finishes with a 20 Min ftp test. I'm shit at pacing, so my ftp will probably drop.

Then I'll go and do a ramp test.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@rockmoose missed your Zwift fondo :oops:

Good job, I'm really wanting to do another Alp du Zwift... but the though of the time on the trainer.

ozzybmx

Recovery week this week then. I'll barely top 50.
Nothing wrong with that.

You'll burn out or sicken yourself of it if you hit it too hard.

Saying that, I follow a girl I rode the Outback Epic with twice, she lives in Vic (near Frankston)

Average KM's per week is 750km and she has ridden 27,000km this year with over 200,000vm. 99% on Zwift, she cracks out a 'Bacon Rolls' ride most mornings of 100-150km :oops:

ozzybmx

Been looking at mats and some of the 'proper' mats are a bloody rip. $130 for a Kickr mat that weighs 3.5kg.... probably good if you need to move or pack it away.

My setup is not needing to move, Bunnings 10mm thick 1m x 1m Gym tiles at $30 each, weigh about 15kg for the 2 of them. :)

Was able to put a small slit under the trainer and bring the cable up through so there is no exposed wire to rip out.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Oh yeah @rockmoose, its a well reported online issue of the belt making a whoosh noise under a hard power effort... like when winding up to One-Point-Twentyone-Gigawatts ;)
Usually only noticeable when starting off cold.

Bought a can of WD40 Belt Dress (belt grip and belt conditioner) today at Supercheap for $11 as reported online to stop any slight slippage under power and was able to back off the tension a few turns.

Worked like a dream, done a few test efforts and its silent... didnt want to upload a 2.5km ride.

rockmoose

Oh yeah @rockmoose, its a well reported online issue of the belt making a whoosh noise under a hard power effort... like when winding up to One-Point-Twentyone-Gigawatts ;)
Usually only noticeable when starting off cold.

Bought a can of WD40 Belt Dress (belt grip and belt conditioner) today at Supercheap for $11 as reported online to stop any slight slippage under power and was able to back off the tension a few turns.

Worked like a dream, done a few test efforts and its silent... didnt want to upload a 2.5km ride.
Should have pushed it out to 3k.

33% more xp.

Also, I don't have whoosh issues, as I barely hit triple figures when I drop a wattbomb.

ozzybmx

It was only last night while riding with the Viking Valhalla's that I realised what the blue shit was in peoples pockets, all these dings sounding and then I seen the blue 'thumbs up' fly down into their back pocket.

Every chunt around me has bulging pockets full of thumbs-ups... mine is empty :D

rockmoose

It was only last night while riding with the Viking Valhalla's that I realised what the blue shit was in peoples pockets, all these dings sounding and then I seen the blue 'thumbs up' fly down into their back pocket.

Every chunt around me has bulging pockets full of thumbs-ups... mine is empty :D

View attachment 380715
Bullshit, I know you got one. I don't like the idea of carting all that extra weight around.