OneUp v2 dropper small parts

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
I've managed to bend one of the 3 brass locating pins on your OneUp v2 dropper post (yes, I'll be off to the F**kwits thread shortly though my post will be short as I have not idea how I did it!) so I'm trying to chase up a source for one of the v2 rebuild kits or even the oversized pin kits ,as there's always been a bit more play in this post than I'd like. MTBDirect don't have them on the website (have sent a message to check though), OneUp won't ship them to Aus (says there's currently some COVID-related courier issues preventing it) and I can't find anywhere else locally that have them.

So I guess putting it out there to see if anyone has either a good (local) source of OneUp parts, a v2 post rebuild kit lying around that or happens to have a cooked V2 dropper that could a pin could be salvaged from?? Alternatively welcome to any other suggested fixes (other than a new post, not quite there yet)!

Thanks RB'ers.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How long is the pin? I've got quite a few of the de-stroking pins left over which you could stack up to make a long one?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Presumably anyone with a lathe and a piece of brass rod could turn one up for you too (I have neither unfortunately, but someone on here might...)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
What's the diameter and length of the pin? I might be able to salvage a pin from an old dropper if they are the same size.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Are you getting for/aft play too? There's an electrical tape hack you could try which was suggested by the OneUp rep on MTBR forums.

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
Are you getting for/aft play too? There's an electrical tape hack you could try which was suggested by the OneUp rep on MTBR forums.
Yep I've got the for/aft play but already have the electrical tape hack applied. The guys in the LBS said this is pretty normal for this post given the length.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, a few replacement pins turned up in the post from MTBdirect today so shout out to them for sorting me so quickly.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Any feedback from V2 Oneup dropper users about how the post releases when weight is on the seat? Mine works beautifully until there is weight on the seat and then it won't release unless I use bulk force on the lever or pretty much unweight. Trying to ascertain if this is just how it functions or there is something going on. My XFusion in comparison feels much smoother in use.

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
Any feedback from V2 Oneup dropper users about how the post releases when weight is on the seat? Mine works beautifully until there is weight on the seat and then it won't release unless I use bulk force on the lever or pretty much unweight. Trying to ascertain if this is just how it functions or there is something going on. My XFusion in comparison feels much smoother in use.
Mine's always been fine to release with weight on it. The lever feel of mine's not great though, I think because Iit's fully slammed in seat tube so there's very little free housing at the bottom of the seat tube to move. Thinking about going to the v2.1 actuator (that moves the cable, not the housing).

Labcanary

Mine's always been fine to release with weight on it. The lever feel of mine's not great though, I think because Iit's fully slammed in seat tube so there's very little free housing at the bottom of the seat tube to move. Thinking about going to the v2.1 actuator (that moves the cable, not the housing).
Do it, the v2.1 actuator is cheap and it's an easy swap.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
V2 actuator definitely worth the $30 odd bucks..... perfect for when you need to get your basket to free shipping. Takes all of 5 mins to swap, and good excuse to do a proper clean and maintenance....

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My v2.1 is nowhere near as good to use as my X-Fusion Manic.
It was briefly quite good after a full strip down and relube of everything but it went back to being heavy again in a week or so.
That's with a wolf tooth remote

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My one up v2 is playing up a bit.

It appears to work ok in the work stand, when I get on and pedal up the street I can do a full drop, and full extend fine. Once I try somewhere in the middle it craps out and won't stay up, or stay down or lock in anywhere, even at full extend or drop.

Wasn't sure if was cable, so put new outer and inner cables and rerouted to make sure it wasn't catching on anything.

Took it apart and cleaned out the grease and applied new grease around the white plastic bushing. I somehow feel this bushing is part of the issue? I have tried different shim heights as well.

Made sure it was around 280 psi as well

In any case, the small parts kit on MTBD is all sold out, do we have any other options for getting this kit in Aus? Was going to try and replace the bushing and at least rule that out before moving on to the actuator.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My one up v2 is playing up a bit.

It appears to work ok in the work stand, when I get on and pedal up the street I can do a full drop, and full extend fine. Once I try somewhere in the middle it craps out and won't stay up, or stay down or lock in anywhere, even at full extend or drop.

Wasn't sure if was cable, so put new outer and inner cables and rerouted to make sure it wasn't catching on anything.

Took it apart and cleaned out the grease and applied new grease around the white plastic bushing. I somehow feel this bushing is part of the issue? I have tried different shim heights as well.

Made sure it was around 280 psi as well

In any case, the small parts kit on MTBD is all sold out, do we have any other options for getting this kit in Aus? Was going to try and replace the bushing and at least rule that out before moving on to the actuator.
One Up international site. I bought my dropper direct from One Up and it was cheaper and just as quick to arrive.

Labcanary

Seems actuators are sold out everywhere, unless I go a V2 instead of V2.1 :(
I might have a second one that I bought to convert husband's dropper from V1 to v2.1
Thing is, brother in law has that dropper now and I can't remember if I gave him the actuator or if it's in my spare parts department.
I'll check in the morning.