Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well I guess that depends. Are we talking about the People's Republic of China? Or the Republic of China? I don't think there is a lot of suspension manufacturing in the people's republic of China, but there can't be that many factories in the republic of China making suspension either. So they may be coming from the same workshop, but they don't look very similar to me.
They can't make them identically there would be a patent of some type. Do you happen to work for the CCP? :D
No. But I've always wondered what those DNM shocks look like inside (and how they perform). You buying?
I was hoping someone else had bought, I would imagine there are the typical shortcuts on the inside of the unit but yeah, it would be interesting to pull one apart. I'm pretty sure their air shocks share some of the same components as the KS brand Exaform, the top range Exaform works quite well even though it's a budget line type of MTB component. I have the exaform shock below, and I'm quite pleased with it, it doesn't have the same quality of performance as my CCDB air but it seams to works reliably for what it's designed for.

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
No. But I've always wondered what those DNM shocks look like inside (and how they perform). You buying?
I'd be interested to see inside one too.
They can't make them identically there would be a patent of some type. Do you happen to work for the CCP? :D

I was hoping someone else had bought, I would imagine there are the typical shortcuts on the inside of the unit but yeah, it would be interesting to pull one apart. I'm pretty sure their air shocks share some of the same components as the KS brand Exaform, the top range Exaform works quite well even though it's a budget line type of MTB component. I have the exaform shock below, and I'm quite pleased with it, it doesn't have the same quality of performance as my CCDB air but it seams to works reliably for what it's designed for.

View attachment 382617View attachment 382620
Hale-Tech Inc had one on the Turner when I bought it. As well as being woefully under-sprung, the adjusters did less than fuck-all. I haven't opened it, so there's a chance a service might improve it, but I seriously doubt it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had a DMM coil apart some years ago, pre iPhone so no photos sadly. Seemed to be a copy of an RST. No rebound adjust. Didn’t have a shim stack, just used port orifice shearing. Can’t fail when it’s that simple, damper rod was solid steel.

Three orings in total. One on damper rod, one of damper body and one on IFP.

Imagine the volume at the factory daily.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There was a video clip on Facebook a few years ago of an upside down DNM fork, the lack of rigidity was astounding.

Front wheel held between legs, the dude could get 20 degrees turn on the handle bars.
Way back in the freeride or die days one of the local teen senders had these forks on his bike. They never failed and he did things...crazy arse things...that I wouldn't have imagined doing on my old Monster-T forks. I've never felt tempted to have them mind you.

Don't they also come as stock on those high quality #stealth #bomber e-bikes?

Flow-Rider

Burner
There was a video clip on Facebook a few years ago of an upside down DNM fork, the lack of rigidity was astounding.

Front wheel held between legs, the dude could get 20 degrees turn on the handle bars.
The newer stuff looks like it is getting better, but not something I would go out of my way to buy.

Way back in the freeride or die days one of the local teen senders had these forks on his bike. They never failed and he did things...crazy arse things...that I wouldn't have imagined doing on my old Monster-T forks. I've never felt tempted to have them mind you.

Don't they also come as stock on those high quality #stealth #bomber e-bikes?
40 kg kid would probably survive with a RST fork.

moorey

call me Mia

Also know as every USD fork…

Flow-Rider

Burner
Guy compares the internals of a DNM with a fox dh 5 but it looks more like a cross with a Marzocchi roco and bomber coil inside.

Flow-Rider

Burner
View attachment 382749View attachment 382750View attachment 382751I have a set of RST forks on my Gary Fisher/Trek Zebrano Circa 1998. Still have the bike. One of our boys used it for a commuter until he discovered electricity.
I actually still have a set of air RST from around 2012, used them on a beach bike for a while. The coating on stanchions didn't wear, but the rubber seals chewed out fairly quickly, and that would be expected from any fork being on the sand. The bushing in the lowers is part of the casting and only lubed by grease, if they had used proper bushing they would have been ace for years.