STOLEN Polygon Trid zz stolen Newcastle (Islington)

trailstar

Likes Dirt
A mate just text me since he knows I'm into bikes saying he found a bike today that looks decent while kayaking in Throsby Creek this morning. Asked me to look around on Facebook and wherever to see if I can find this one listed as stolen by the owner before he takes it to the Police. The bike was fully submerged somewhere near the Tafe with just a bit of the tyre sticking out. Found this thread luckily and it's this bike. I'll send you a PM with his details so you can get in touch with him.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A mate just text me since he knows I'm into bikes saying he found a bike today that looks decent while kayaking in Throsby Creek this morning. Asked me to look around on Facebook and wherever to see if I can find this one listed as stolen by the owner before he takes it to the Police. The bike was fully submerged somewhere near the Tafe with just a bit of the tyre sticking out. Found this thread luckily and it's this bike. I'll send you a PM with his details so you can get in touch with him.
Nice one !

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The stuff of legends!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Awesome salvage work! I have spoken to the kayaker in question and this is definitely my bike. The thief didn't get far with the bike before throwing it in the water, unbelievable!!!

It has been fully submerged in salt water for a significant amount of time so I am expecting a lot of issues. I will be phoning my insurer this afternoon to discuss what this means for my claim.

Thanks all for the emotional support in this difficult time! And the kayaking heros most of all.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just a quick update because you all care and I had porridge for breakfast with chia seeds, LSA, maple syrup, sultanas, and a little cream. Anyway I just got off the phone with my insurer and they advised they will be covering me in whatever way is most appropriate to rectify my situation from this incident. I feel very relieved to know that. Now off to work an hour early because that is life.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Just a quick update because you all care and I had porridge for breakfast with chia seeds, LSA, maple syrup, sultanas, and a little cream. Anyway I just got off the phone with my insurer and they advised they will be covering me in whatever way is most appropriate to rectify my situation from this incident. I feel very relieved to know that. Now off to work an hour early because that is life.
So they're going to screw you over?

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Must have been the Hamboesque pink pedals, no self respecting meth head would be seen dead with pink pedals.
He was probably on his way to the bike chop shop (his dealer's house) to swap for gear when perhaps he saw the cops and panicked ??

I see a lot of low lives riding around on bikes that they couldn't afford legally and they always seem to have the same traits (destickered frame/forks, ghetto cheap and nasty seat and pedals fitted and sometimes a stem swap).. the bikes just scream "I'm Stolen"

At least you got it back @pink poodle, hopefully something is salvageable on it.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
dump it in a flooded creek and leave it there, 24hrs in the salt is not ideal, but not a write off either…yes, some stuff will be fingered but a lot wont with a good flush down..your insurer doesn’t need to know that though
a good strip down/cleanup and rebuild, then offload on FB for 3X the price
good news though, could be a lot worse

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
dump it in a flooded creek and leave it there, 24hrs in the salt is not ideal, but not a write off either…yes, some stuff will be fingered but a lot wont with a good flush down..your insurer doesn’t need to know that though
a good strip down/cleanup and rebuild, then offload on FB for 3X the price
good news though, could be a lot worse
Polygon trids going cheap, requires a new chain, only ridden on the beach once.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Must have been the Hamboesque pink pedals, no self respecting meth head would be seen dead with pink pedals.
Not true...the douche drinker that stole my bike at the start of the year swiftly put my bright pink helmet on his head as he rode away!

It will need a lot of work if it's been dumped in salt water, unfortunately. I would say it's a write off, especially if it sits with the salt water in everything.
That is what I expect to be the case. It's a filthy part of the local water way too. Most of the city's catchment runs through there into the harbour and with all the recent rain there is a heap of shit coming down.

He was probably on his way to the bike chop shop (his dealer's house) to swap for gear when perhaps he saw the cops and panicked ??

Possibly - the location it was found is 500-800m from theft site, involves a fair bit of main road, and is a high police traffic area due to come rate. The fellow who found it said it has a flat tyre. So the thief may have got a flat and just dumped it. Walking a busted tyre home would catch the cops' attention pretty fast.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not true...the douche drinker that stole my bike at the start of the year swiftly put my bright pink helmet on his head as he rode away!

That is what I expect to be the case. It's a filthy part of the local water way too. Most of the city's catchment runs through there into the harbour and with all the recent rain there is a heap of shit coming down.

Possibly - the location it was found is 500-800m from theft site, involves a fair bit of main road, and is a high police traffic area due to come rate. The fellow who found it said it has a flat tyre. So the thief may have got a flat and just dumped it. Walking a busted tyre home would catch the cops' attention pretty fast.
I'm sure you've seen what happens when you do a quick dunk of a fishing reel, imagine the poor bike with standard bearings.