COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those protests today are scarily reminiscent of Trump rallies… Nationalist crap on full display, violent threats to pollies, right wing extremist pollies revving them up.

Not ideal…
It sucks being a libertarian these days because you want to avoid all that while pushing back on big gov overreach.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It sucks being a libertarian these days because you want to avoid all that while pushing back on big gov overreach.
Christ… I am all for avoiding over reach, but even the word libertarian makes me twitch.

Instead of protesting against fucking public health measures and bleating about freedumbs like these fuckwits, why don’t you protest actually serious stuff like asio powers to detain journalists?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Partner is a health worker and she got her test back overnight. Negative. Wooho! Little one not yet. I’m pretty frustrated though for obvious reasons. Just gotten back to work. and zero income (Again). Locked in the house under forced iso (again), well I’m stuck in the spare room. The kiddo who’s just gotten back to school and was really looking forward to her first grade one sleepover is pretty devastated. And training for the Trans Tasman is taking a slight hit. All frustrating but what can do. Just have to ride the wave.
Frustrations aside, how are you felling today @Jpez?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Frustrations aside, how are you felling today @Jpez?
Thanks for asking CG. Physically I’m not too bad. I think I got a bit unlucky and got myself a bit more than just a cold though as I can feel my body having a hard time. Achey joints, slight fever with shakes, my minor skin condition has flared up like crazy, and a tad more worrying is I have a hard time breathing if I do something too strenuous. Made my bed in the spare room just before and had to lie down for half an hour as I was all puffed out. I have to wear my glasses to read as I just can’t focus otherwise. I feel slightly retarded too. My short term memory is gone and trying to remember details when talking to the Corona people when they call has been difficult. Oh yeah, and my sense of smell has deserted me.
But being stuck in the spare room with no contact with the family is the hard thing. I can hear them outside doing their thing. I’m intensely aware if I’m not careful I could give it to my partner and kiddo. So I literally touch nothing. I wash or sterilise my hands continuously. I’m still tossing up wether I should stay at a Qhotel or not.
I think tomorrow I should be good enough to spend some time outside or fiddling in the garage. But at the moment it’s a struggle to do much of anything.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks for asking CG. Physically I’m not too bad. I think I got a bit unlucky and got myself a bit more than just a cold though as I can feel my body having a hard time. Achey joints, slight fever with shakes, my minor skin condition has flared up like crazy, and a tad more worrying is I have a hard time breathing if I do something too strenuous. Made my bed in the spare room just before and had to lie down for half an hour as I was all puffed out. I have to wear my glasses to read as I just can’t focus otherwise. I feel slightly retarded too. My short term memory is gone and trying to remember details when talking to the Corona people when they call has been difficult. Oh yeah, and my sense of smell has deserted me.
But being stuck in the spare room with no contact with the family is the hard thing. I can hear them outside doing their thing. I’m intensely aware if I’m not careful I could give it to my partner and kiddo. So I literally touch nothing. I wash or sterilise my hands continuously. I’m still tossing up wether I should stay at a Qhotel or not.
I think tomorrow I should be good enough to spend some time outside or fiddling in the garage. But at the moment it’s a struggle to do much of anything.
Might be best to stay home. People without covid have contracted covid at those bloody quarantine hotels. If there is no window to open, you are simply breathing shared air, IMO. Also, you have no control over air movement in the corridors, esp when staff bring meals etc.

At least you will be able to go outside, or fiddle in the garage when feeling better. Proper ventilation is vital, IMO.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Might be best to stay home. People without covid have contracted covid at those bloody quarantine hotels. If there is no window to open, you are simply breathing shared air, IMO. Also, you have no control over air movement in the corridors, esp when staff bring meals etc.

At least you will be able to go outside, or fiddle in the garage when feeling better. Proper ventilation is vital, IMO.
Yeah they’ve been my thoughts too. We literally have every window in the house open atm. The girls also made it through a couple of days of me being symptomatic before we realised it was C19 without contracting it so probably being fully vaxxed I’m not really shedding a lot of virus. Just the idea of getting to day 6 of their isolation and then testing positive scares the crap out of me.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that is going to put a wet blanket on things. Here is was trying to work out where I'd take my January+February snow trip, given Japan remains closed off. The options that seem relatively safe are very few.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well that is going to put a wet blanket on things. Here is was trying to work out where I'd take my January+February snow trip, given Japan remains closed off. The options that seem relatively safe are very few.
Lake Mountain should still have snow then. Yieeew