Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He's 100%.

When we looked around the burns unit in the Adelaide Womens & Childrens Hospital, we were the lucky ones.

There were kids with 50% burns or more, little babies that were in a bouncy seat while mum did kitchen stuff, just to get the freshly boiled kettle tipped over them. Kids that had fell in fires and had hands, arms and facial burns... it was terrible. Then us with a burnt foot...

Burns are a terrible injury, they are about 100% guaranteed to get infected.

There are the worst injury you can get.
Geez, your lad must be tough! I love playing with campfires but I pick up a too hot poker and I tear up straight away! Soak my pinkie in Paw Paw cream and have a sook.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Story -

I had about a 2m tall 600L+ fridge freezer as my beer fridge in the garage, it was 14yrs old and was loosing its cool, even fully turned up it was just about chilling beers but the freezer still worked.

This fridge had 8 years of MTB stickers on it, I nearly felt like stripping the steel off it before taking it to the recyclers today. It was saying goodbye to an old friend.

So, bought a 120L bar fridge yesterday, second-hand for $80, only 2 years old and was used as an occasional drinks fridge.

There wasn't as much real estate for stickers but I have a drawer full so was looking forward to getting it stickered up.

Missus says I'll have to drink smart rather than buy 5 cartons at once. It fits 2 easily though.

Got the fridge home... Fark, it still has the plastic coating over the SS finish, started to strip it off really easily, ahhhh shit, about 30mm in from the edge it was like glued on. After 2 hours and many solvents I gave up.

Ok the front that looked 100% now looks like shit... needs some wall paper without overlapping my good stickers.

Got a squillion stickers but not too many that fit in that space.

Re-cycled some damaged but newish tyres I had been holding on to (for no reason)

Even built a storage unit with 3 shelves to take up the space that the old freezer used to occupy.

Must be easier on the electricity too.

View attachment 382809

View attachment 382810
I admire your taste in beer. All my favorites!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Here is mine. Just got the rack and need to optimise and clean up a bit. Making a platform so that the lifts are level with the crash pads. The opposite side is a whole wall of tools - bit messy right now with the wife dumping her shit all over it but looks typical with tools and bike repairs going on over that side. Love my rower but it takes up a crapload of space.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What’s a medical show? Like ER on tv ?
Yeah, like an observational documentary type of thing. Following the paramedics and heli guys all the way through surgery and on to discharge. Some eye-opening stuff, but it was the burns and grafts that really stayed with me.

MasterOfReality

After forever
@MasterOfReality - that is one very nice space. Are you going to line the walls at all? Makes me think I should make an effort do something with the endless crap in my own garage.
I haven't decided if I'll do that just yet. I guess it will come down to how long I'll spend in there and how hot it gets (I'm expecting it will get pretty warm).

Lining it will be a big job, and I'll stuff batts into the cavities as well as initial measurements suggest they will fit almost perfectly.

It may be easier just to get one of those industrial fans, or perhaps a few split a/c units to take the bite out of it.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Here is mine. Just got the rack and need to optimise and clean up a bit. Making a platform so that the lifts are level with the crash pads. The opposite side is a whole wall of tools - bit messy right now with the wife dumping her shit all over it but looks typical with tools and bike repairs going on over that side. Love my rower but it takes up a crapload of space.

View attachment 382835
What are you using to hang your bikes on the wall? Need something to get mine off the floor!

MasterOfReality

After forever
@MasterOfReality that's not a shed, that thing has better quality and finish than my bloody house!
@Calvin27 thanks! I can't wait to get all my stuff out of our garage and into the shed. We moved from a house that had a 6 x 9 shed, but it was pretty much the slab, shed and basic power (couple of fluorescents and double powerpoint). Nothing else. However it was a major selling point. So this time I wanted to go all out.

All the stuff from the old shed is pretty much jammed into the garage, and we are at the point where you go looking for something, realise how much shit you need to move out of the way to see if you can find it, then instantly give up!

stirk

Burner
I think I'm done. The polyaspartic floor went down late last week, so will start moving stuff in next weekend. Its still curing, can walk on it no problems though. These guys had pretty good attention to detail too.

View attachment 383214

View attachment 383215

View attachment 383216
Nice one! Looks like a similar quality to mine. Is it all sealed up?
I wish I had sealed the roof and floor of my shed before I filled it with crap. There are gaps too small for mice to get in but the insects/spiders/lizards can wiggle in and make a mess so I need to pull everything out this summer and get the expanding foam and silicone into all the tiny gaps.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Its not entirely sealed, it has Vermaseal around the perimeter where the walls meet the slab. I'm thinking at least a small gap is desirable if you hose the place out?

The walls/roof aren't sealed, I'll see how bad it gets!

stirk

Burner
Its not entirely sealed, it has Vermaseal around the perimeter where the walls meet the slab. I'm thinking at least a small gap is desirable if you hose the place out?

The walls/roof aren't sealed, I'll see how bad it gets!
I have trees above my shed so it gets loads of crap coming in, if you have no trees it probably won't be too bad, just insects crawling in. You can get foam inserts to match the wall and roof sheets from the hardware which can help a little.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
OK, my garage is a frigging mess and with all the kids bikes and stuff, and my bikes are in the firing line, so much so my roadie now lives at work (where it might occasionally get ridden :rolleyes: ), my Prime is hung without wheels out of the way and my Honzo is constantly getting knocked by the kids getting their stuff out
I have a double garage with 4 bikes to get out of the way (including the wifes) and my helmets etc. and other assorted crap.
Does anyone have any good storage solutions, or can point me to a thread where this has been done to death - my Hambo-fu has failed me

Ta!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
OK, my garage is a frigging mess and with all the kids bikes and stuff, and my bikes are in the firing line, so much so my roadie now lives at work (where it might occasionally get ridden :rolleyes: ), my Prime is hung without wheels out of the way and my Honzo is constantly getting knocked by the kids getting their stuff out
I have a double garage with 4 bikes to get out of the way (including the wifes) and my helmets etc. and other assorted crap.
Does anyone have any good storage solutions, or can point me to a thread where this has been done to death - my Hambo-fu has failed me

Ta!

Steady racks. Front wheel up and on, rack then swings sideways.

Dont know what room you have but this will get them off the floor if you have height and wall space.