Bargain buys thread

safreek

Anyone for a cheap long travel (170mm) 26" air fork?
X-fusion Vengeance for $120

@safreek? @Lucaw?
I'd be all for it apart from that stupid tapered steerer.
I mean, who the hell used tapered these days

Switch

huskier headed gent
Anyone for a cheap long travel (170mm) 26" air fork?
X-fusion Vengeance for $120

@safreek? @Lucaw?
Thanks for the heads up, just purchased it and it will help get my old Santa Cruz Nomad back rolling again. Not that I need it but better than a frame sitting on a wall and N+1.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Try searching for 'Shimano 12 speed cassette'

Lots of garbage and mixes up Shimano parts with other brands

ie completely different to old search and much less meaningful.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
'Try searching for 'Shimano 12 speed cassette'

Lots of garbage and mixes up Shimano parts with other brands

ie completely different to old search and much less meaningful.
The results make sense to me. It puts the items that have all search terms at the top and then fill the rest with the next most relevant ones for part or individual search terms.

Probably works well for customers who don't know the exact right terminology / details for what they want i.e. they still get a list of stuff to go through rather than a 'no results' outcome that may lead them head over to another site.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Feels as if they're trying to cut costs and have gone to a new web platform with just the basics.... I'm going to guess they've moved to some generic provider.

All of the detailed search features are gone - and those would have been costing them money to keep every product updated etc.

Chat function is gone as well.

Lower prices = lower service.

Was always going to happen

EDIT: "More payment options, including Apple Pay, Google Pay and ShopPay." would suggest they're now just on a cheap Shopify platform. Lame.