Society Xeno Air/RST Space DJ forks

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just picked up a cheap set of these budget DJ forks.

Does anyone know much about them. I haven't managed to find any service manuals for them on the worldwide web.

Do Fox 36mm dust wipers fit them?

Going to give them a birfdy before fitting them to my Zircus and thought a new set of dust wipers might be a good idea.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I've generally considered RST to be an acronym for Rotten Shithouse Technology.....

No idea if other manufacturers' wipers will fit.
Oh don't worry, they aren't anything special I know.

BUT, they will be better than the 28mm coil RS Judys that are currently on the Zircus :oops:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Just picked up a cheap set of these budget DJ forks.

Does anyone know much about them. I haven't managed to find any service manuals for them on the worldwide web.

Do Fox 36mm dust wipers fit them?

Going to give them a birfdy before fitting them to my Zircus and thought a new set of dust wipers might be a good idea.

View attachment 390690
NFI about the forks. You could always get some cheapo Ali wipers?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You'll need to knock a wiper out & measure its OD, and the seat's ID as a cross reference. On any given stanchion diameter, different brands will have different wiper ODs; sometimes that can extend to different models from one manufacturer (looking pointedly at Rock Shox....)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
You'll need to knock a wiper out & measure its OD, and the seat's ID as a cross reference. On any given stanchion diameter, different brands will have different wiper ODs; sometimes that can extend to different models from one manufacturer (looking pointedly at Rock Shox....)
Yep, I know. Murphy's law says the OD will be different just because

Just dropped the lowers and they don't look too bad at this point so might not remove them just yet.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
obscure to say the least

Ison Distribution in the UK branded then as Society Xeno, the manufacturer is RST.

RST lauched a new Space fork at some point, so hard to definitively conclude if what you have are old or new, google image search suggests you have the OG version.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
obscure to say the least

Ison Distribution in the UK branded then as Society Xeno, the manufacturer is RST.

RST lauched a new Space fork at some point, so hard to definitively conclude if what you have are old or new, google image search suggests you have the OG version.

Cheers I will have a look at Risse Racing.

Yeah an OG one I believe. Came off of an Identiti P66. Straight steerer.

Have just pulled it totally apart. Very basic inside, Positive air spring w/coil negative. Greased lowers. Bottom bolts are M5's with no crush washers. Neither the airspring or damper side shafts have a press fit seal interface with the lowers so oil lubed lowers is out of the question, unless I can get small M5 dowty washers.