What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mtb1611

Seymour
Managed a couple of lunchtime laps at the local (sharing the trail with loads of kids due to the teachers strike), after it was recently re-opened following the 'rain event' earlier this year. True to form, rain is now forecast for the next week!

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After fixing brake issue, and a few other minor tweaks, went out for a ride on my new build. It's a Ti copy of a Paradox but it will be spending the next 2 and a half months on tour, so I tried to make it as light as I could. It should be lighter still when we start as I have some gravel tires to put on it. Anyway, today just a 12 kms loop on fire roads. All working well. All built from pre-loved parts. Maybe a PYR entry later. Great morning to be out even with 2c conditions.

This photo after cleaning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was just getting used to the dryer weather too!

Took the tranny down to Ourimbah and rode some to the CCMTB club trails, but mostly the fun DJ line at the top. I haven't been out on the tranny for a while...it feels so different to the rook! And it also now feels quite different to the original build. PYR update to come.

I rode out and up from Wyong station...fuck me I forgot how much it sucks "commuting" on chunky rubbers! Then of course I rode back. I had a new Maxdaddy HR2 on the back. It felt like an anchor. Fucked if I am going to be able to get the fucker off easily too!

I also threw some new rotors on and gave the brakes a bleed last night. I think it's the shortest bleed I've given myself for a long time, but it worked well enough.

The jump line was fun. The top section of the dh track as fun (I pussied out on the mega jump...but I did see a few guys nail it beautifully). Amaroo back to the bottom was fun too. But it has a lot of signs of high Jerry traffic, especially on the steep sections.

Here's a #selfirock screen shot of my trying to throw a phat whip because sometimes we need a chuckle.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Project strip and repaint yourself, then keep as spare.
That would be a good way forward. If it has held together for that long then at least it must be structurally sound.

Don't let me know if it goes up for sale since I have bike issues that I'm trying to control :)
I liked my Hightower V3 test ride in hindsight. That thing just got up to silly speeds so easily.